• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Clarkie says there's a rumour Beale is homesick and isn't liking Melbourne, any truth to it?

I went looking for where he said it. While I am sure there are some who will know better than me, it didn't sound like much was in it.

Living in a different city to family and friends - especially if they are a big part of your life - for the first time is always difficult. If we're still hearing rumours in 6 months, I'll start worrying more.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Wish we were playing this week.

For a number of reasons I agree. A first week bye is a wasted bye imo. It doesn't let us rest from hard weeks of toil, because well.. we haven't been playing serious games.

Our preseason has been good, really good in fact. But, theres always a different level of intensity between preseason and the real deal.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
For a number of reasons I agree. A first week bye is a wasted bye imo. It doesn't let us rest from hard weeks of toil, because well.. we haven't been playing serious games.

Our preseason has been good, really good in fact. But, theres always a different level of intensity between preseason and the real deal.

Exactly. And the first game is always an extension of pre-season, teams are still starting to settle into their structures, getting used to the intensity. We'll now be coming in cold against a Waratahs team who have had an excellent hit out against the Reds, and will either have sky high confidence from a win, or will be desperate to get some points on the board.

Well, that and I don't want to have to wait a whole extra week.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I went looking for where he said it. While I am sure there are some who will know better than me, it didn't sound like much was in it.

Living in a different city to family and friends - especially if they are a big part of your life - for the first time is always difficult. If we're still hearing rumours in 6 months, I'll start worrying more.

Wouldn't be the first time the club has had to deal with homesickness, they'd have support mechanisms in place.

D

daz

Here's one for Daz:

Quade Cooper@QuadeCooper
Who's going to the Melbourne rebels fan day? I might come by n say hi. So if there's any reds supporters bring your stuff n I'll sign it...

Cheers James. I caught up with QC (Quade Cooper) and have arranged dinner and drinks for later tonight. I think he also wants me to sit in on a skype call to his mum.

What's that? Your Rebels players don't take you out? See, the Reds have a far better culture....

:D

No, I didn't see QC (Quade Cooper). Not to worry, I actually had a really good time at the Rebels day. Spent most of my time chatting to Julian Huxley and Mitch Inman (the former was on a bus with me at RWC07 in France and the latter I knew from Perth). Plus chats with Weeks and Byrnes, being ex-Reds. Good discussion on the Reds win last night.

Good stuff from the Rebels; they really know how to get the families involved.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Absolutely agree with your sentiments re: getting people involved. I popped down briefly for a looksee and was very impressed with the whole show. Really simple idea, a family day, but a really good way for the fans to interact with the players and club and generally develop ties. It plants the seed of its own reward with greater involvement especially as kids can really see what it is like to be a pro player.

Do the other provinces do similar or is it more of an AFL thing?

Edit: also, I wouldn't be too ready to use Quade as a representative of the Reds. I was just thinking with this time he's spending down here and his 1 year contract, we may see the 3 Amigos together at a super team...

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Edit: also, I wouldn't be too ready to use Quade as a representative of the Reds. I was just thinking with this time he's spending down here and his 1 year contract, we may see the 3 Amigos together at a super team...

Oh god, please, please let it be so!

As for the family days, they are a big deal for AFL clubs. It's all about getting the kids - the AFL do it brilliantly through AusKick and then days like this. The Rebels are going about community engagement the right way - bottom up. Get families involved and you guarantee yourself years of support.

wilful

Larry Dwyer (12)
Oh god, please, please let it be so!

As for the family days, they are a big deal for AFL clubs. It's all about getting the kids - the AFL do it brilliantly through AusKick and then days like this. The Rebels are going about community engagement the right way - bottom up. Get families involved and you guarantee yourself years of support.
My little boy is going to lose his shit when he meets James O'Connor.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
My little boy is going to lose his shit when he meets James O'Connor.

From what I saw yesterday, he's not the only one. While I was there, they had JOC (James O'Connor) parked front and centre in the autograph tent and there was quite the line to see him.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Maybe Cipriani really has turned over a new leaf. He spent all of last season avoiding collisions, but now he can't get enough of them.

Cooper and Cipriani in car crash

Three of Super Rugby's most high-profile players were involved in a car accident last Friday in Melbourne.

According to a report in the Sydney Morning Herald Rebels players Danny Cipriani and Kurtley Beale, along with injured Wallaby and Reds star Quade Cooper are believed to be the players involved.

It is believed the trio were driving back to the house that Cipriani shares with Rebels teammate Luke Jones when the car failed to take a bend and went over a shrub and into a parked car.

It is believed that no one was injured in the accident.

http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/super14/news/2850624.htm

M

Moono75

It was only a matter of time before they tripped up again. Cips, Beale and Quade, surprised JOC (James O'Connor) wasn't there with them. Great players but they seem to lack a bit of off field judgment.

D

daz

Hmm. Seems that when Coach Hill suggested to Cips that he needs to straighten up a bit more, he should have qualified that by saying he was only expecting that to happen on the field.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
A car accident could happen to anyone, unless knowing if they had been drinking etc I don't think we can add this to his list of off field indiscretions.

Status
Not open for further replies.