• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky

Frank Nicholson (4)
Guys, jumping in late here, but out of interest I was looking at the season ticket prices for the Rebels.

WTF? Are they serious with the discounts they are offering. Per game, the lowest that I noted was $0.13 compared with if you just rock up on the night. Are they serious (or am I looking at it incorrectly)? The most I saw was a discount of ~$3 per game.

I'm looking here

http://www.melbournerebelsmembership.com.au/at-a-glance/membership-2012-price-comparison/

I also like the top line here:

"We’ve added fantastic new benefits in 2012 to get you closer to team and now it’s cheaper to have a membership
than to buy a casual match ticket."

For my money (unless they are selling out every week), memberships need to be at pretty large discount, especially given the small number of games.

I'm talking about 20% discount over the gate prices.

The Tahs used to offer (not sure what it is now) a 10% discount, which was in part why I stopped getting a season pass (oh and they started playing crap). At 10% as soon as you missed one game (I'd likely miss one or two in any season), you were better off buying tix at the gate as and when you needed them.

D

daz

Guys, jumping in late here, but out of interest I was looking at the season ticket prices for the Rebels.

WTF? Are they serious with the discounts they are offering. Per game, the lowest that I noted was $0.13 compared with if you just rock up on the night. Are they serious (or am I looking at it incorrectly)? The most I saw was a discount of ~$3 per game........you were better off buying tix at the gate as and when you needed them.

Welcome Funky.

Without getting into a big discussion on ticket prices and memberships, one thing that does leap straight to my mind is the fact that while you might be better off financially by buying tickets on an as-needs basis (especially if you are going to potentially miss any home games), it also means that you will always be seated in the General Seating area, which is behind the goal posts.

So yes, you might be better off in the hip pocket, but you might have to trade that off for a decent seat. So while AAMI park is very user friendly over-all, it is very possible that to get a full grasp of the ebbs and flows during play, you might spend at least 50% of the game watching it on the big screen rather than on the field.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)

WTF? Are they serious with the discounts they are offering. Per game, the lowest that I noted was $0.13 compared with if you just rock up on the night. Are they serious (or am I looking at it incorrectly)? The most I saw was a discount of ~$3 per game.

I'm looking here

http://www.melbournerebelsmembership.com.au/at-a-glance/membership-2012-price-comparison/

For my money (unless they are selling out every week), memberships need to be at pretty large discount, especially given the small number of games.

I'm talking about 20% discount over the gate prices.

[DISCLAIMER] I am a leader of the Rebel Army, who have a membership arrangement with the Rebels this year - no idea if that's worthy of a disclaimer but there you go. Buy one. [/DISCLAIMER]

One major difference between the Rebels and everyone else is that the Rebels are private enterprise. They can only discount so far before it becomes an unsustainable exercise.

They learnt a lesson last year when memberships were on par with (even slightly above) match-day tickets.

And daz, nothing wrong with the ends of the ground, mate. It's where the cool kids hang out.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
The Tahs used to offer (not sure what it is now) a 10% discount, which was in part why I stopped getting a season pass (oh and they started playing crap). At 10% as soon as you missed one game (I'd likely miss one or two in any season), you were better off buying tix at the gate as and when you needed them.

Season ticket discount varies for the Tahs this year. Based on my quick calcs, GA season pass has a 25% discount and 18.75% for the rest.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I hear you. Respect to you and the Army. I'll wave at you from my seat from time to time during the season.

Oh, just one little correction though; the cool kids actually hang out at Suncorp Stadium on game days...

:D

Well I'm a Platinum member, so if I ever sit in my allocated seat, I'll have the butler wave at you :D

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Children, children, children. Can we please focus on the important stuff? Apparently Beale and Bieber are playing in navy blue this year.

tumblr_ly4wjcKh9S1qbodpe.gif

[/smug]

Funky

Frank Nicholson (4)
Welcome Funky.

Without getting into a big discussion on ticket prices and memberships, one thing that does leap straight to my mind is the fact that while you might be better off financially by buying tickets on an as-needs basis (especially if you are going to potentially miss any home games), it also means that you will always be seated in the General Seating area, which is behind the goal posts.

So yes, you might be better off in the hip pocket, but you might have to trade that off for a decent seat. So while AAMI park is very user friendly over-all, it is very possible that to get a full grasp of the ebbs and flows during play, you might spend at least 50% of the game watching it on the big screen rather than on the field.

How do you figure that? From what I can see I can still buy all the same tickets as offered elsewhere.

[DISCLAIMER] I am a leader of the Rebel Army, who have a membership arrangement with the Rebels this year - no idea if that's worthy of a disclaimer but there you go. Buy one. [/DISCLAIMER]

One major difference between the Rebels and everyone else is that the Rebels are private enterprise. They can only discount so far before it becomes an unsustainable exercise.

They learnt a lesson last year when memberships were on par with (even slightly above) match-day tickets.

And daz, nothing wrong with the ends of the ground, mate. It's where the cool kids hang out.

A private enterprise has nothing to do with it.

I know for me, I'm not going to buy a seasons ticket at those discounts, as as soon as I miss one game I've wasted my money. What then happens is, I only end up going to one or two games at most. So in the end (assuming they don't sell out the games), they get less money.

As to making the mistake last year and charging more, that is the most stupid thing I've ever heard in my life!

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
[DISCLAIMER]One major difference between the Rebels and everyone else is that the Rebels are private enterprise. They can only discount so far before it becomes an unsustainable exercise.

I don't know whether Harold Mitchell and his mates have tumbled yet, FiveStar, but owning a professional sporting team is by definition "an unsustainable exercise".

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I am also platinum. I've moved my seats from last years location (section 7) due to the worst fan in the universe also being in section 7. unfortunately when i rang up this year, it was confirmed that this young wretch had already renewed.....to say I was distraught is an understatement. though i'm now platinum and front frow in the top deck - superb viewing and should this young fan keep up his loud mouthed obnoxious ways, i am in a prime position to throw an egg at him.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
I am also platinum. I've moved my seats from last years location (section 7) due to the worst fan in the universe also being in section 7. unfortunately when i rang up this year, it was confirmed that this young wretch had already renewed.....to say I was distraught is an understatement. though i'm now platinum and front frow in the top deck - superb viewing and should this young fan keep up his loud mouthed obnoxious ways, i am in a prime position to throw an egg at him.

This is very disappointing news for me, as I just moved into section 7. Come say hi sometime.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Based on his trial form this will be a loss, but based on last year I'd think not.

Might have to wait a while before I even know how I feel about this.

My opinion is, it was inevitable. If you were expecting him to stay for more than 2 years, you were kidding yourself.

He provided them with a marketable face to pair with Snorky for their first two years but its easy to see they've moved to position themselves behind JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) as their new backline stars.

Even from a purely rugby standpoint, the OS players were here to fill a temporary void and have a crack at Super Rugby. By the nature of the contractual limitations placed on them, we could not expect to hold onto to them particularly long. If we were, we wouldn't see as much local talent coming through.

Cips himself will always be mercurial I suspect. Hopefully this year he will learn to be more hardworking and consistent but with this contract in place he may well be playing with 1 foot on the plane.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
just heard this on Sky sports news...Coach of London Irish resigned to the fact Cips is going to Sale next season...

Status
Not open for further replies.