• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Unfortunately, there is no doubt that JOC (James O'Connor) plays primarily for himself, not his team mates. This should not be construed as doubting his professionalism because he is about the best on field trainer in the squad.He also certainly never shirks the hard work in a game despite what some may think.
However he has the type of personality that always wants to be centre of attention.
Wants to be goal kicker ( Woodward is a far better kicker but watch who kicks on Sat)
Wants to be 10 because that's the quarter back position , even though he is better suited to the team as a runner.
When offered the captaincy jumped at it because that's high profile
Even put his hand up to be the Clubs RUPA rep, because thought was good for his profile.
All of these characteristics of an ego driven individual.
I think we were all hoping with maturity he would grow into more of a team orientated player.Remember this was all thrust on him as a 17 year old.And I think you will find that he is used to everyone in his extended network telling him how good he is.
He is certainly a highly talented individual, but can he mould himself into a highly valuable team player.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Watch both JOC (James O'Connor) and QC (Quade Cooper) when they throw a "special" pass and it doesn't come off because the receiver wasn't expecting it. You can see it on their faces like a thought bubble - "Ah FFS! Come on you knob, why weren't you ready?"

and Beale.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Will we see JOC (James O'Connor) on the wing soon, or has a McCabe been pulled and he'll not be seen there again?
Why would we see him there? It works for the Wallabies because he's got people talented enough to get him the pill in good positions. At Soup level he's much more use in close where he can get his hands on the ball as much as possibile.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Why would we see him there? It works for the Wallabies because he's got people talented enough to get him the pill in good positions. At Soup level he's much more use in close where he can get his hands on the ball as much as possibile.

I just think the team would work better keeping Hegarty at 10 and Sidey at 12 - Probably get more from JOC (James O'Connor) individually in those positions but the team would be affected more.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I just think the team would work better keeping Hegarty at 10 and Sidey at 12 - Probably get more from JOC (James O'Connor) individually in those positions but the team would be affected more.
Sidey's had two games all year that have been up to Soup standard. I'd prefer to see JOC (James O'Connor) at 12, with Hegarty at 10, but it's completely understandable why Hill's made the move. People are very happy to try and equate the Rebels winning with Hegarty taking over from JOC (James O'Connor), but really it's been the entire team that's lifted. I do think daz is on to something when he says that JOC (James O'Connor) is almost too good for the players around him at the Rebels. Would certainly explain why he always delivers to a higher level for the Wallabies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
What are the limitations on Burgess' contract? Now that Phipps is in the Wallabies camp, can LB be drafted in to cover the bench spot for matches when Phipps is unavailable?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think so only because Kingi is injured, you have to use any available squad members before looking outside.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I think so only because Kingi is injured, you have to use any available squad members before looking outside.

So in theory he could be used this weekend against the Brumbies. Naturally the ranga will start, but a cameo off the bench for LB would be very interesting battle between two Wallaby aspirants.

Assuming Cayden will start, does this mean that Tim Davidson will get a spot on the bench for the spare lock? Guessing Delvey will start and perhaps give Jordy Reid another shot form the bench. BH will start a 5/8.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So in theory he could be used this weekend against the Brumbies. Naturally the ranga will start, but a cameo off the bench for LB would be very interesting battle between two Wallaby aspirants.

Assuming Cayden will start, does this mean that Tim Davidson will get a spot on the bench for the spare lock? Guessing Delvey will start and perhaps give Jordy Reid another shot form the bench. BH will start a 5/8.

I am thinking Chris Thompson or King will be on the bench to cover Lock. Possible that one starts and the other is on the bench and Jones moves to 6 with the lose of both Higgers and Saffy.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
There could be 6 changes this week. Higgers, Pyle and Saffy(all injured), JOC (James O'Connor) and Phipps (Wallabies) and Shota Horie (possibly playing for Japan v Wales). Therefore would expect Reid and 2 of Davidson, King and Thomson to come in plus Burgess and Roberts / Hilgendorf and possibly Leafa.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
It’s a great opportunity for some of those fringe players to get a run. Hopefully Hill treats it as a development opportunity and gives some of the fringe blokes their shot at the starting 15. It’ll be interesting to see how the backline operates with Hegarty back at 10 and Stirzaker starting at 9.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
It’s a great opportunity for some of those fringe players to get a run. Hopefully Hill treats it as a development opportunity and gives some of the fringe blokes their shot at the starting 15. It’ll be interesting to see how the backline operates with Hegarty back at 10 and Stirzaker starting at 9.
Much better.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
What else would they do?

We only have 2.5 scrummies. 1 is with the Wobs and the 0.5 is injured.

It'd be Burgeo or maybe Dave Hardisty from Norths in the Shute Shield but I don't even know if he's involved with out setup anymore.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
In a surprise move, Luke Burgess has joined the squad for this weeks game against the Brumbies.

Most obvious move that was going to happen as soon as Phipps was in the Wallabies squad.

Hope not, hope Hill treats it as a big chance to get a second away win this season and plays with that in mind. The boys have a few weeks off till the Lions game so hope they leave everything on the park and give the Brumbies a really hard game.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
agree
i'd like to see a strong team
weeks ged henderson
neville jones
davidson fuglistaler delve
strz
hegarty
vuna
sidey
inman
english
woodward

pae
horie
thomson/king
reid
burgess
mitchell
situati

it's really only two changes (higgers and pyle) from our two wins v stormers and tahs.

Status
Not open for further replies.