• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Would go with:

Weeks
Ged
Henderson
Neville
Thomson/King
Jones
Fuglistaler
Delve
Strz
Hegarty
Situati
Sidey
Inman
English
Woodward

PAE
Horie
Thomson/King
Reid
Burgess
Mitchell
Vuna

Think we can dominate the line out if we keep 4 jumpers on the field and not think Davidson is good enough to start at Super Rugby level. Don't think Vuna deserves to start and Situati defense has been fairly solid in his game time so far.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
happy with that...not much difference between ours and i can't see hill doing much else. our backline is probably better this week with JOC (James O'Connor) and phipps gone. it's a blessing - not really disguised either.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Just a quick one..any reason why you both switched lorenzo and nic between prop positions? I'd start Luke Jones at 6 or even 8. did Cooper come through OK from his club match on the weekend?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Sir Arthur Higgins,

If the Rebels can win with a non-jumping 6 like Saffy they can win with Reid there, who plays pretty damn similar.

I think he has better form and better potential than Davidson, who's a great clubman but that's about it.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Just a quick one..any reason why you both switched lorenzo and nic between prop positions? I'd start Luke Jones at 6 or even 8. did Cooper come through OK from his club match on the weekend?

He didn't see much of the ball and looked to come through unscathed.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I'm not as much of a critic of Phipps as many here, I've been very happy with his general play and urgency. His passes are still erratic, but to my eye the error rate has dropped some. Honestly think he has been an important part of the Rebels standard in recent games.

Stirzaker I rate very highly, have done since his stint v Stormers in 2012. But he hasn't been injecting the urgency Phipps does and for me that is a huge part of the role. But then so is passing and kicking and he is pretty rough round the edges there. Just think Phipps energy gets the team cracking and that is such a huge asset to any coach. Burgess is very similar that way.

Dumbledore I think Sidey deserves credit for his game Sat, so by my count that makes three in a row, and 2 of them good Soup standard. I can wear the error, main thing is he didn't go missing, which had been my big criticism. And yeah a fair chunk of that could have been JOC (James O'Connor) being too erratic in a green backline.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Fair points. I still think weighing everything up, Stirzaker comes out on top of Phipps. His passing and kicking are just so much better than Phipps' that it's just a bit silly. Phipps is having by far his best season though. I'm not as angry about it as I was last year. In giving Phipps his due, he made 17 tackles against the Reds - the next closest were Quirk and Saffy on 12. Phenomenal effort.

Sidey, yes and no. He didn't completely vanish, but he really wasn't much involved. I never felt he was having an influence on the game, either positive or negative. So a pass mark for me. That pass that was intercepted was an absolute shocker though - could see it coming from a mile away. My problem with him is that I think this is his ceiling. We aren't going to see anything more out of him. With JOC (James O'Connor) at 12, the sky is seriously the limit. Even Inman has a much higher ceiling. I've got no problem with Sidey being in the squad, he's probably a great club man who gives his absolute all. But I think he's an average player, and we're not going to be able to make the jump to the finals unless we get pretty ruthless.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
This is a Lions lunch I'm hosting in Melbourne - confirmed speakers so far are Gareth Delve and Stirling Mortlock. Please share to support, and get your tickets quick!

LBritLions Social-01.jpg

Reactions: gel

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I should be at work.but.four hour drink package.

It's gonna be a great day Stu - any help spreading the word amongst the Army would be greatly appreciated! And yes... 4 hour drink package... I have been to a couple of sports lunches at the Leveson, including the Super Bowl, and they go very well indeed...

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
In other news Eddie Aholelei international career with Tonga is not off to a great start receiving a Red card against Canada on the weekend.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Bloody good hit, but really really dumb. Love to know why he decked him AFTER the main fight was over (or what appears to be the main fight). You would think something was said to provoke him, but can't really pick up anything on ground mic.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
from the stuff article -"Otai also disputed the 34th-minute red card to prop Eddie Aholelei after a melee that saw Canadian flanker Jebb Sinclair decked with a punch. Canadian fly half Nathan Hirayama and Tongan winger Fetu'u Vainikolo were lucky to stay on the pitch after trading blows early on in the incident.
Otai said Hirayama started the incident." fairly clearly not the case when you watch the above videos.
haven't seen the hits so can't speak to them, but i understand the one on Evans was quite a vicious shoulder charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.