• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony kennedy

Bob McCowan (2)
So that's 28 in squad so far minus situati and sidey, 5 eps sorted, 7 overseas players so all that's needed is a 10 and a lock or backrow depending on where luke jones plays.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
So that's 28 in squad so far minus situati and sidey, 5 eps sorted, 7 overseas players so all that's needed is a 10 and a lock or backrow depending on where luke jones plays.

I'll give a name. Rohan Saifoli. He should have been signed up by now but hasn't. Great attacking 10 with a good kicking game. Given an opportunity at Super Rugby level I think he'll be a find.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Seems that Horwitz has signed with the 'Tahs.

I'll give a name. Rohan Saifoli.

We could do a lot worse than Saifoloi. Hopefully Angus Roberts will step up a bit next year, he didn't really look up to it in the game time he got this season.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Telusa Veainu was pretty impressive today for Hawkes Bay , scored a hat trick and looked pretty dangerous any time he touched the ball.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I had a chuckle reading this line from today's news article from Rebels HQ:

"We have a detective coming in to speak to them about high-risk behaviour"

As cheesy as the pledge thing is, it's good to see the club putting in the work to have the players maintain off-field development as a priority.

http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/News/ArticleDetails/tabid/270/ArticleID/10298/Default.aspx

It's interesting, Detective, Financial planner and a expert on house hunting. Hopefully the players listen and don't turn out like the clowns of the past.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I would've thought it was a pretty simple equation: you're on a good wicket, don't fuck it up.

Then again we've learned from past experiences that we might not be dealing with the sharpest knives in the drawer.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would've thought it was a pretty simple equation: you're on a good wicket, don't fuck it up.

Then again we've learned from past experiences that we might not be dealing with the sharpest knives in the drawer.

yeah a few are more like butter and pate knives rather than a cooks blade

Reactions: Tex

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Can anyone confirm the playing status of Situati for next season? It seemed like he was gone from the squad but, he is still being mentioned in the Rebels ITM Cup news each week?

http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/News/ArticleDetails/tabid/270/ArticleID/10342/Default.aspx

It's an odd one, I'd like to keep him and I think he'd be silly to go. But who knows, maybe he's no the new coach's type or maybe he wants overseas dollars.

He's played 7s for Oz so he needs to chip away here and see if international honours are a possibility before he goes overseas and stamps himself a journeyman.

He certainly looks Super Rugby starting standard in a very average ITM Cup team.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So the 2014 draw is out now. The summary: don't have our first game until round 3, miss the Stormers and Blues (no Benji), all Friday night home games, big SA tour at the end of season and a tough NZ tour against the Highlanders and Chiefs.

Dunno how i'm going to hang out until round three for a season match. Pre-season fixtures here I come.

As I've said a few times would have loved to see a afternoon fixture to get some families involved and even a Saturday night. The Rebels vs Crusaders fixture was a dead-set winner for crowd numbers and still stick in my head as an awesome game. Not sure how much of a say the Rebels got in this anyway.

Aus matches are splattered nicely accross the draw - no real surprises there. Thinking I might need to do a road trip to some aus away matches this year.

Anyone know why the Saffas have round one to themselves?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Highlanders away, if its in Dunedin is on my radar. Than one or two away games in aus. Cheetahs will be playing game 3 when we meet them in our first which is bs.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I know. Really, we start against the Cheetahs? *sigh*

Thinking about driving to Canberra, my regular Rebel crew wanna do Sydney (they are from there) and I got fam in Brisvegas and it would be a good excuse to go with them (they are all mad Reds/Broncos fans).

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Can anyone confirm the playing status of Situati for next season? It seemed like he was gone from the squad but, he is still being mentioned in the Rebels ITM Cup news each week?

http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/News/ArticleDetails/tabid/270/ArticleID/10342/Default.aspx

I take those reports as being about 2013 and 2014 Rebels. Ged Robinson is still being mentioned and he is definitely gone.

I haven't heard anything official about Sitauti, but given his player profile has gone I'd say he is gone. That is a shame because he showed some potential and has some speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.