• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Reid's biggest problem is that with the exception of turnovers, he's dealing with a "Everything you can do, I can do better" from Seany. Whereas Colby is far more complementary, being both a significantly superior breakdown player, and a genuine link player in phase play rather than just bash it up the guts.

I hope he gets the 7 jersey for the rest of the Season.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
They're playing a left and right flanker split though as opposed to traditional 6 & 7 responsibilities. It really doesn't matter what number is on their backs.

Jordy's main problem is his defence, but I'm a huge fan of him, Colby & Sean as a triple threat. The carrying and pilfering ability across all 3 is huge.

Thomson's discipline was very poor last night at costly times. He will most likely be retiring after one more season in Japan; I'd be dropping him to the pine next week if Colby is fit.

Although they went to Thommo 3 times at lineout last night, Colby is a strong jumper & it's something they need to perservere with in Sean's case. It was also great to see LT get lifted for one last night. I don't subscribe to the theory that you can justify the inclusion of a backrower over another for them being a better jumper; it's not their core role.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Cam Crawford out for season with a dislocated wrist. A real shame, he was starting to hit some decent form. I would expect Engo to start in his place next week.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
can i ask if Leo Crowley has gone/been booted or what ? Is Morgan Turinui just an additional attacking/backline coach or is he a replacement ?

AFL_Converted

Ted Thorn (20)
Still don't have my Wallabies tix - the email said Print-At-Home would be sent by Monday 16th. Hmmmmmmm.
Mine said last Friday or early this week. I guess Tuesday can still be considered early.

Wonder what the stuff up is. Should we start a "theories why wallabies tickets are late" thread. Nothing like a GAGR conspiracy thread to keep the blood warm while waiting for the next rebels game.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Mine said last Friday or early this week. I guess Tuesday can still be considered early.

Wonder what the stuff up is. Should we start a "theories why wallabies tickets are late" thread. Nothing like a GAGR conspiracy thread to keep the blood warm while waiting for the next rebels game.
Like they oversold and are trying to work out where to put the extra seats.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I get the feeling they have oversold. When I originally brought my tickets last year, they said that the Gold Brigade was oversold. Now, when I look to purchase Gold Brigade tickets they appears to be available. Perhaps they held off selling the Gold Brigade tickets to push people into more expensive seats, who knows. If they have oversold, they will put Melbourne fans offside for quite some time. Long memories down here in Mexico.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
can i ask if Leo Crowley has gone/been booted or what ? Is Morgan Turinui just an additional attacking/backline coach or is he a replacement ?

Crowley resigned to return to NZ. A really odd appointment, to be honest; with the exception of a stint as Asst. Coach of Canada (his brother was the Head Coach), he had never coached outside of NZ and there's a big difference between living on a farm in Taranaki & in the hustle and bustle of Melbourne.

By all accounts a nice enough guy, so I wish him the best - also worth noting that Colin Cooper is in the running for both Highlanders & Crusaders head coach jobs, and Crowley has worked under him for many years so there may be an opportunity there.

Turinui has come in to replace Craig McGrath as skills/PT 3rd assistant, with Craig stepping up to Leo's role until the end of the season. He certianly deserves first shot at it next year IMO, he stepped up admirably when Louden left last year as well and has been very good with the Rising as senior assistant for both seasons.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Great news for Craig. Met him a few times and strikes me as a nice bloke. On top of the rebels/Rising work, I believe he still keeps a hand in local Rugby (Quins). useful for his Rising work, but good for the Club (and VRU in general).

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Great news for Craig. Met him a few times and strikes me as a nice bloke. On top of the rebels/Rising work, I believe he still keeps a hand in local Rugby (Quins). useful for his Rising work, but good for the Club (and VRU in general).
And he was busy enough when he was coach and scrum half for the Quins! Hard worker, indeed!

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Crowley resigned to return to NZ. A really odd appointment, to be honest; with the exception of a stint as Asst. Coach of Canada (his brother was the Head Coach), he had never coached outside of NZ and there's a big difference between living on a farm in Taranaki & in the hustle and bustle of Melbourne.
thankyou Rebel Yell

Status
Not open for further replies.