• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dene

Frank Nicholson (4)
Still don't have my Wallabies tix - the email said Print-At-Home would be sent by Monday 16th. Hmmmmmmm.

I still don't have my membership-reserved Gold tickets either. I have been emailing them. Here is a recap of their side of the conversation:

From the Rebels membership team, 19th of April:

Dear DeneThank you for purchasing tickets to the Qantas Wallabies v England Test Match at AAMI Park onSaturday 18 June 2016.Your tickets will be dispatched electronically from Ticketek on Monday 2nd May. Please keep an eye out for yourtickets, they will be sent from confirmation@ticketek.com.au. Should you have not received them by Wednesday 4th May please email ticketing@rugby.com.au.

From the ARU, 5th of May:
Unfortunately there has been a delay in the sending England Series Test Match Tickets that were purchased via the Melbourne Rebels Membership program. We apologise for the inconvenience, however do not worry- your tickets are on the way and should receive them in the next couple of weeks.

From Ticketek, May 11th:
Dear Ticket Holder
This is a courtesy email to update you on the ticket delivery schedule for the 2016 Wallabies Test Series against England.
Tickets for all matches are yet to be dispatched. Please see below date guidelines as to when tickets will be released.
Mobile Ticket & ezyTicket (PRINT-AT-HOME): sending from Friday 13th May (you will have them by Monday the 16th May)

My side of the conversation has become increasingly disgruntled.

AFL_Converted

Ted Thorn (20)
I'd stick with Jack D. Harris has been tried at 10 a few times for the reds and us and it does not work. Jack D did a few silly things on the weekend but did some really good stuff too. Having both playmakers on with one at 10 and the other at 15 gives the attack a nice edge.

It also means we have three to kick for touch although it was a bit worrying to see Jack D and Hodge wave off a clearing kick form our 22 leaving it for Harris on the weekend.

Can't say I am a fan of Matsushima from the little I have seen if him. Like Kingston he is a very elusive runner, quick and can tturn on a five cent piece but I have never seen either one pass.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Agree on both points. Leave Jack there, Mike back clearly helped on Friday. Straight swap Engo on for Crawford, Inman to the bench, Placid in the 23 jersey if fit, otherwise leave Kotaro there since Sione is off on U20 prep.

Was nice to see the Rising getting pumped up again on Friday night too. There were 2 or 3 PA announcements about them (just General they will return, keep an eye out for information in the coming weeks re fixtures and grounds) alongside one of the Womens sevens sides (think it was the Western girls) playing in the Rising jerseys.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Got my Wallabies tickets, so cross that off the list.

I reckon you keep the backline as is, with Harris floating in to first and second receiver as he sees fit. Meehan had an absolute shocker and should be kept as injury cover or to bring on when/if Stirzacker gets gassed.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
They both had shockers, thats the concern. Neither is out performing the other, just all the wins are in the Meehan coloum and not the Stirzaker.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

D

daz

Just throwing this out there, but if Tamati leaves, I wouldn't mind trying Hodge at 12, Mitch at 13 and leave Mikey at 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Assuming Mitch stays. Mike is gone.

Have not seen anything from an Australian/Super Rugby source about Harris leaving. Sorry any French readers but your papers are completely unreliable on to many occasions to trust.

Examples from Ireland this year alone, Keith Earls, Connor Murray, Simon Zebo and Peter O'Mahony, Munster are not going to let all there side go in one season. 3 out of 4 have confirmed resigning last time I checked.

So until Rebs, ARU or SMH etc announce it I am living in hope the Mikey stays.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Have not seen anything from an Australian/Super Rugby source about Harris leaving. Sorry any French readers but your papers are completely unreliable on to many occasions to trust.

Examples from Ireland this year alone, Keith Earls, Connor Murray, Simon Zebo and Peter O'Mahony, Munster are not going to let all there side go in one season. 3 out of 4 have confirmed resigning last time I checked.

So until Rebs, ARU or SMH etc announce it I am living in hope the Mikey stays.

Fair enough in theory. He has told the playing squad he's off in a team meeting.

D

daz

The question I ask myself whenever the question of Mitch leaving or not comes up, is where would he get similar or better game time in a team that is clearly on the up and up.

Status
Not open for further replies.