• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Possible and would never rule it out, but I think it unlikely. The French experiment last year seemed to be enough for him.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Possible and would never rule it out, but I think it unlikely. The French experiment last year seemed to be enough for him.

I hope he stays, however I'd understand if he left. A centre of his bullocking athletic profile could do a great job in the English Premiership

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
The bottom line is that he wants to be a Wallaby, and until the ARU/Wallaby coach tap him on the shoulder and say "it's over", he will keep aiming for a Gold jersey.

I understand your point, but the logic behind that is flawed - no Wallaby Coach would ever tell somebody that they're not required, as what is there to gain?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Terribly poor form to quote my own post, but I never realised Tony read GAGR.

I am a Rebels selector and didn't even know it. Fark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modesty forbids, umm, no, that's not the word, umm, self-awareness or lack thereof commands, ummm, no, none of that seems to apply............

Reactions: daz

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I still don't have my membership-reserved Gold tickets either. I have been emailing them. Here is a recap of their side of the conversation:

From the Rebels membership team, 19th of April:

Dear DeneThank you for purchasing tickets to the Qantas Wallabies v England Test Match at AAMI Park onSaturday 18 June 2016.Your tickets will be dispatched electronically from Ticketek on Monday 2nd May. Please keep an eye out for yourtickets, they will be sent from confirmation@ticketek.com.au. Should you have not received them by Wednesday 4th May please email ticketing@rugby.com.au.

From the ARU, 5th of May:
Unfortunately there has been a delay in the sending England Series Test Match Tickets that were purchased via the Melbourne Rebels Membership program. We apologise for the inconvenience, however do not worry- your tickets are on the way and should receive them in the next couple of weeks.

From Ticketek, May 11th:
Dear Ticket Holder
This is a courtesy email to update you on the ticket delivery schedule for the 2016 Wallabies Test Series against England.
Tickets for all matches are yet to be dispatched. Please see below date guidelines as to when tickets will be released.
Mobile Ticket & ezyTicket (PRINT-AT-HOME): sending from Friday 13th May (you will have them by Monday the 16th May)

My side of the conversation has become increasingly disgruntled.
I still hadn't received my Wallabies v England tix (Mel and Syd tests) as of today (Friday 20/05) so I rang Ticketek and they emailed them to me while I was talking to them. They didn't know why it didn't work the first time. Anyway, if you are in the same situation (I had print-at-home Ezy Tickets) and you don't mind waiting on hold listening to a canned orchestra piece for 45 minutes, Ticketek can probably help.

Dene

Frank Nicholson (4)
I still hadn't received my Wallabies v England tix (Mel and Syd tests) as of today (Friday 20/05) so I rang Ticketek and they emailed them to me while I was talking to them. They didn't know why it didn't work the first time. Anyway, if you are in the same situation (I had print-at-home Ezy Tickets) and you don't mind waiting on hold listening to a canned orchestra piece for 45 minutes, Ticketek can probably help.

Thanks yep I rang them yesterday and they sent them an hour ago. No explanation for the delay, but the seats were all fine, together, and in the right section.

AFL_Converted

Ted Thorn (20)
What number did you use? I have tried 13 28 49 several times in the last hour but all I get is an engaged signal.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
What number did you use? I have tried 13 28 49 several times in the last hour but all I get is an engaged signal.
That's the number and that's what you get for many re-dial attempts before you are lucky to join the hold queue! All part of the fun. Friday's may be worse with many weekend events. I'm not sure.

AFL_Converted

Ted Thorn (20)
That's the number and that's what you get for many re-dial attempts before you are lucky to join the hold queue! All part of the fun. Friday's may be worse with many weekend events. I'm not sure.
Or all the irate wallabies fans trying to get their tickets. Will keep trying.

lukemc

Frank Row (1)
I hope the rebels are also looking for a another 10. I really don't rate JD. Now that harris is back from injury (until he departs for overseas end of season) i would have liked to put him in the number 10 jersey. JD is for the most part always 'off' - and has his rare glimpses of talent.

A very unreliable kicker too. Had we kicked all penalties/conversions last week - we would have won….anyone else feeling my pain?

T

TOCC

Ella has written a fairly critics piece on the signing of Koribete and raised some interesting points.. Reckons the Rebels are making the same mistakes again as when they went out and recruited KB (Kurtley Beale) and JOC (James O'Connor) on big money deals.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Ella has written a fairly critics piece on the signing of Koribete and raised some interesting points.. Reckons the Rebels are making the same mistakes again as when they went out and recruited KB (Kurtley Beale) and JOC (James O'Connor) on big money deals.

At least Marika is living in Melbourne where his family are. I don't think he is in the JOC (James O'Connor) / KB (Kurtley Beale) dickhead league. I certainly hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.