• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Clearly we're all bored out of our brains, waiting for the teamsheet, if we've resorted to a Queen quiz.

Come on teamsheet, come on...

(Just as I type this, a Queen track just started playing on my phone. Even it's bored!).

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Clearly we're all bored out of our brains, waiting for the teamsheet, if we've resorted to a Queen quiz.

Come on teamsheet, come on.

(Just as I type this, a Queen track just started playing on my phone. Even it's bored!).

Which track? It could be an omen.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
There's a bad photoshop incoming when I get a chance to come in. It will provide an answer to which all will be pissed off.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The answer is nobody wins because I came up with a stupid idea yesterday.

NnFhs3w.jpg

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Just watched the Reds game. Debreczeni was awful. English had his best game for years, Jones had his best game for a long while as well.

Still not totally sold on Meehan. The inside backs are our biggest problem at the moment. They're generally just a bit clueless, don't seem to have any control over the game. Still, 2-1 and Japan next is about as good a start as we could reasonably expect.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
as i said on the match thread, losing Harris has buggered the attacking platform significantly. in the game against the Samoan's, he and JD interchanged a lot, especially on 2nd and 3rd phase play, i don't think Placid has the ability to do that, Ellison who did it against the Bulls wasn't playing and Inman for all his gifts isn't a creative player. for all those critical of Meehan he can't pass if he has no options to pass to, the Rebs players were pretty fatigued at the end and so despite making a lot of half breaks no one was really up to finishing off because everyone was just a half step off the pace needed, so the passes went a tad back, people ran just the wrong line etc. still 2 out of 3 with all the "baggage" is a good return.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
injury news some good some so so

The Melbourne Rebels injury update following Round Three against the Reds at AAMI Park, Melbourne.
Nic Stirzaker (Shoulder): Fitness Test
Scott Fuglistaller (Hip): Fitness Test
Cam Crawford (Hamstring): 1 week
Reece Hodge (Quad): 2 – 4 weeks
Colby Fainga’a (Elbow): 3 – 4 weeks
Mike Harris (Quad): 8 – 10 weeks
Tim Metcher (Hamstring – 2015 NRC): Indefinitely
Sera Naivalu (Leg – 2015 Super Rugby): Indefinitely

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Nothing bad there. Ellison not mentioned at all, so I assume he's passed subsequent protocols. Crawford back next week, Nic and Fugs potentially this week, Hodgey and Colby on course for after the first Bye.

Metch and Sefa still disappointing, and that assessment means Mike's probably not going to be back until after the June internationals.

All in all, fairly positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.