• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
You get a 28 - 0 win because the Brisbane Lions are concerned about being away from their families?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
That’s ok. I was too.

I understand the sentiment. As far as I am aware no one from the Reds has raised any objections to the almost certainty that they are going to have to change plans due to the COVID risk and I note that the are staying put in Sydney for now.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Broncos are seeking to fly into melbourne tue on their own charter plane get tested & quarantine until they get the okay with the intention of a captains run thu & game fri

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
I have watched a few Suntory games this year and would love Kerevi and Hockings. I would love McMahon as well but I think our back row is pretty solid at the moment. Think with Hockings and Hosea we would have a great locking combination and I think we lack depth there now. I know Phillips is due back end of the 22 season but until then we lack depth. I also think we lack depth in our back line especially in the centres. Marika is the only back who is a powerful carrier I think he has improved on his perceived selfishness

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I have watched a few Suntory games this year and would love Kerevi and Hockings. I would love McMahon as well but I think our back row is pretty solid at the moment. Think with Hockings and Hosea we would have a great locking combination and I think we lack depth there now. I know Phillips is due back end of the 22 season but until then we lack depth. I also think we lack depth in our back line especially in the centres. Marika is the only back who is a powerful carrier I think he has improved on his perceived selfishness

Im okay with our depth at lock if we get Philip back, him & Trev with either cummins or RHP on the bench. Nowlan doesnt look too out of place as a young depth player off the bench.

Outside backs is where we will need help if & when we loose Marika espesh if DHP doesnt come back its alot of experience to we would loose from not only match day but around the squad at training & so forth

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I wouldn’t be unhappy if they made a play for Maddocks to return to fill DHP’s boots and spend Koroibete money on someone in the midfield.

Most likely Koroibete money will go on the return of Philip and a few long term extensions for the likes of Pone, Hosea etc.

Naisarani is another who’s contract ends this season. He will be a wait and watch to see his form.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
I'm surprised Wessels hasn't given Vudogo a run yet. Every time I've seen him he's been absolutely electric, and our depth at centre isn't great to say the least.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I wouldn’t be unhappy if they made a play for Maddocks to return to fill DHP’s boots and spend Koroibete money on someone in the midfield.

Most likely Koroibete money will go on the return of Philip and a few long term extensions for the likes of Pone, Hosea etc.

Naisarani is another who’s contract ends this season. He will be a wait and watch to see his form.

Normally I'd say Naisarani is a must keep but Wells has not replaced him but is doing a good enough job at 8 that I don't think we need to spend top dollar there. I'd imagine if Naisarani doesn't get a Wallaby top up he'd be off overseas. Philip will be expensive and hopefully we can get another attacking OC/wing when Koroibete moves on.