• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I liked the little bit of Canham I saw in QPR last year, will be interested to see if he gets game time this year.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
does anyone have an idea if and when Pone will be fit. Every photo except one from yesterday, he looks like he is in "civies", with the tubigrib support on his injured calf. it has been nearly 6 months since he injured it and i know props need their legs to be fully functional, but !

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
does anyone have an idea if and when Pone will be fit. Every photo except one from yesterday, he looks like he is in "civies", with the tubigrib support on his injured calf. it has been nearly 6 months since he injured it and i know props need their legs to be fully functional, but !
He looks in pretty good shape though! I know he is a giant and looks aren't an accurate show of aerobic capacity but he looks a lot more jacked and shredded then any other front rower in Australia and most the big backrows (eg Leota)

Attachments

• 272089295_7080059702034527_7107362898101597491_n.jpg
    272089295_7080059702034527_7107362898101597491_n.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 138
  • 270147810_7045643275476170_9018393745742341192_n.jpg
    270147810_7045643275476170_9018393745742341192_n.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 138

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
He looks in pretty good shape though! I know he is a giant and looks aren't an accurate show of aerobic capacity but he looks a lot more jacked and shredded then any other front rower in Australia and most the big backrows (eg Leota)

When he 1st came from league he was a lock in the 13 man game & wanted to play number 8. He was very quickly moved to the front row with his size.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Looks like Quade's 5am club is working wonders

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
this man also looked like Tarzan and but played like Jane, and i'm very happy Pone looks to be in great shape (thanks QC (Quade Cooper)), just concerned that his leg might still not be working well enough to scrummage.

Attachments

• tumblr_poe30dZwcA1qkc9jco2_1280.png.jpeg
    tumblr_poe30dZwcA1qkc9jco2_1280.png.jpeg
    299.3 KB · Views: 119

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
this man also looked like Tarzan and but played like Jane, and i'm very happy Pone looks to be in great shape (thanks QC (Quade Cooper)), just concerned that his leg might still not be working well enough to scrummage.
Lahiff is starting for Bristol so can't be that Janeesque

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
1. Orr 2. Uelese 3. Pone
4. Philip 5. Hosea
6. Kemeny 8. Leota 7. Hardwick
9. Powell 10. Gordon 11. Vudogo 12. To'omua 13. Ili 14. Kellaway 15. Hodge
16. Hanson 17. Gibbon 18. Eloff 19. RHP 20. Wells 21. Sorovi 22. Nuu 23. Pincus
1 Orr 2 Uelese
3/18 Eloff/Fa'amausili
4 Philip 5 Hosea
6 Leota
7 Hardwick
8 Wells

9 Powell
10 Gordan
11 Kellaway/Hodge
12 To'omua
13 Ili
14 Anderson
15 Kellaway/Hodge

16 Hanson
17 Gibbon
18/3 Eloff/Fa'amausili
19 Haylett-Penny/ Nowlan/ Icely
20 Kemeny/Wilkin
21 Sorovi
22 Viahu
23 Pincus
Interested to hear the reasoning behind Eloff and Fa’amausili both being considered tight heads now. They played the first 7 games of super rugby au with Eloff at 1 and Pone at 3.

I am happy to admit my technical knowledge of srumming in the front row is poor and I watch all the home games live from behind the sticks so don’t get the best angle to see it. So my judgment is more the impact they have around the park

In my opinion those two were the most impactful props that we had. So are you both looking to play them at 3 so there is the consistent impact over the 80 minutes? Or do you think Orr is better at the set piece and earned his spot that way?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Interested to hear the reasoning behind Eloff and Fa’amausili both being considered tight heads now. They played the first 7 games of super rugby au with Eloff at 1 and Pone at 3.

I am happy to admit my technical knowledge of srumming in the front row is poor and I watch all the home games live from behind the sticks so don’t get the best angle to see it. So my judgment is more the impact they have around the park

In my opinion those two were the most impactful props that we had. So are you both looking to play them at 3 so there is the consistent impact over the 80 minutes? Or do you think Orr is better at the set piece and earned his spot that way?
Eloff was signed as a 3 but had to cover 1. I'd love them to be both on but that would mean having Vannek on the bench (18) who I don't think is in the same league as Orr and Gibbon (who are both LH's) So for me - Starting Pone and finishing with Eloff with Orr and Gibbon as the 1 & 17 is the best way to structure the unit.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Eloff was signed as a 3 but had to cover 1. I'd love them to be both on but that would mean having Vannek on the bench (18) who I don't think is in the same league as Orr and Gibbon (who are both LH's) So for me - Starting Pone and finishing with Eloff with Orr and Gibbon as the 1 & 17 is the best way to structure the unit.

I'd like to look at it from a wallabies point of view, with Nela & AAA both players who can start & play long stints you could train Pone to be a pure impact 30 min player if either if them were missing.

On the plus side I think Cabous will be wallabies qualified after this season. With his versatility he would be a great depth player.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I'd like to look at it from a wallabies point of view, with Nela & AAA both players who can start & play long stints you could train Pone to be a pure impact 30 min player if either if them were missing.

On the plus side I think Cabous will be wallabies qualified after this season. With his versatility he would be a great depth player.
I think you might be on the money with Pone as an impact, from what I've seen Eloff is already the better technical scrumagger and I think he might be starting tighthead by the end of the season, if not from the get go. Pone has excellent impact around the field but he still has a fair way to go in the scrum. That said having Stiles around as GM of rugby should help his development, I really rate the work he did at the Reds and Brisbane City with the props coming through at the time.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The recent trend for looseheads has been towards big bodies props, technically it’s a less demanding position when compared to right head also.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Pone makes the shift to loosehead, I think it would be better for the Wallabies also with Sio’s form sliding the past couple of years.