• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Speculation time…. Rumours London Irish in trouble financially, any odds Coleman or Simmons wanting 1 more season in Aus for a late RWC push if they get pushed out of contract. Demand for services in locks is less than it would of been with the market having Eng internationals Ted Hill and Launchbury available
Coleman has expressed his desire to play for Tonga

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Speculation time…. Rumours London Irish in trouble financially, any odds Coleman or Simmons wanting 1 more season in Aus for a late RWC push if they get pushed out of contract. Demand for services in locks is less than it would of been with the market having Eng internationals Ted Hill and Launchbury available

Maybe we should look to throw a life line to a couple of players from Waps & the warriors, someone whose just outside of eng rwc calulations. Play abroad for a season & actually get a wage

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Maybe we should look to throw a life line to a couple of players from Waps & the warriors, someone whose just outside of eng rwc calulations. Play abroad for a season & actually get a wage
I wouldn't even worry about them being outside England calculations at the moment, they are going to be taking a significant pay cut changing clubs at this stage. We need locks with experience, one of Joe Launchbury or Graham Kitchener would fill that gap. Ollie Lawrence in the centers would also be worth considering.

Also I like what Charlie Atkinson can do, worth signing if you can get a good deal on the young FH/FB

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I wouldn't even worry about them being outside England calculations at the moment, they are going to be taking a significant pay cut changing clubs at this stage. We need locks with experience, one of Joe Launchbury or Graham Kitchener would fill that gap. Ollie Lawrence in the centers would also be worth considering.

Also I like what Charlie Atkinson can do, worth signing if you can get a good deal on the young FH/FB

I get it but it rules them out of going to the rwc if they play in SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) next yr

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)

“The board of directors of London Irish has today dismissed as “total and utter speculation” the press reports alleging that the Club is exploring a merger with Wasps, who have been suspended from the Gallagher Premiership and face relegation if, as expected, they go into administration.

“London Irish principal shareholder, Mick Crossan, recently confirmed that he would relinquish his shares in London Irish to new owners that would be prepared to guarantee the security of the Club going forward.”

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
“The board of directors of London Irish has today dismissed as “total and utter speculation” the press reports alleging that the Club is exploring a merger with Wasps, who have been suspended from the Gallagher Premiership and face relegation if, as expected, they go into administration.

“London Irish principal shareholder, Mick Crossan, recently confirmed that he would relinquish his shares in London Irish to new owners that would be prepared to guarantee the security of the Club going forward.”
Saw that.

Not a great sign when the principal shareholder openly admits he would offload his shares just for club security. Entire system is a mess over there.

It was only a few months ago Wasps directors were telling fans the debts weren’t an issue and under control.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I get it but it rules them out of going to the rwc if they play in SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) (Super Rugby Pacific) next yr
I would suggest the RFU would be forced into allowing them to still play in RWC, there is no way they can penalize a player for looking after themselves/family in this situation. They have 80 odd players without jobs right now.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The RFU have already said any players from Wasps or Worcester who go overseas from now until the RWC and still England eligible.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Right now with the squad we have round 1

Eloff
Mafi
Pone (pending on current inj)
Canham
Tuaina Taii Tualima
Wilkin
Hardwick
Ioane

Tuttle
Gordan
Viahu (one of them)
Jooste
Ili
Kellaway
Hodge

Uelese
Orr
Talakai
Smith
Kemeny
Sorovi
Ripley
Viahu (the other one) or Pincus

amusing Trev's not back & Gibbon is being rested after playing 5 tests in spring, Full strength Eloff probs moves to LHP or we rotate the 3 & do the same on the THP side with IAK

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Right now with the squad we have round 1

Eloff
Mafi
Pone (pending on current inj)
Canham
Tuaina Taii Tualima
Wilkin
Hardwick
Ioane

Tuttle
Gordan
Viahu (one of them)
Jooste
Ili
Kellaway
Hodge

Uelese
Orr
Talakai
Smith
Kemeny
Sorovi
Ripley
Viahu (the other one) or Pincus

amusing Trev's not back & Gibbon is being rested after playing 5 tests in spring, Full strength Eloff probs moves to LHP or we rotate the 3 & do the same on the THP side with IAK
Very weak 2nd row.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
please start Ripley as a legitimate Wallaby 13 option soon enough over an overseas eligible player

I certainly hope he goes past SI by the end of the season. Hard thing is SI went back & played in a damn good NPC side & played well, LR went back & played club footy