• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Story must have been taken down, ground broken at the la trobe facility official state govt. announcement was y day.

its going to be amazing but no where near the heartland of any rugby areas & at least 30 min from any club
I know they're not Dewar Shield, but they're only 10 minutes from Northcote, no?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I know they're not Dewar Shield, but they're only 10 minutes from Northcote, no?

I think Northern Panther play up in Craigieburn now, happy to be corrected. Eltham to Bundoora would be the closest I think. Interms of Dewar Melbourne Uni would be as the crow flies but up syd rd prob 45 min to an hour.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Story must have been taken down, ground broken at the la trobe facility official state govt. announcement was y day.

its going to be amazing but no where near the heartland of any rugby areas & at least 30 min from any club
Be 10 minutes from Northern, 20 minutes to Eltham would be just on half an hour to box hill. Admittedly add traffic and you could double your time

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Lots of good young talent coming through - my predictions for new caps this year?

- Max Johnston (Lock) 19yrs
- Theo Fourie (Hooker) 21yrs
- Jaiden Christian (Prop) 20yrs
- Leafi Talataina (No8) 18yrs
- Mason Gordan (10/15) 19yrs
- David Vaihu (11/14) 19yrs

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Lots of good young talent coming through - my predictions for new caps this year?

- Max Johnston (Lock) 19yrs
- Theo Fourie (Hooker) 21yrs
- Jaiden Christian (Prop) 20yrs
- Leafi Talataina (No8) 18yrs
- Mason Gordan (10/15) 19yrs
- David Vaihu (11/14) 19yrs
Yeah the number 8 was very good, just at the end he tried to do a little too much at times but that’s okay. With Leota out will be a good opportunity to get some game time early

MelbourneRebels

Herbert Moran (7)
Link broken
To give some clarity on the below photo, the right hand of frame will be 2 purpose-built rugby fields and a shared ground. The shared ground is the one top right of all the fields, close to that pavilion. That pavilion is already built and currently looks out over an AFL field to the other side.

The building in between the two purpose-built fields will be RV headquarters.

The soccer fields and offices on the left will be for the Matildas.

Last edited:

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
To give some clarity on the below photo, the right hand of frame will be 2 purpose-built rugby fields and a shared ground. The shared ground is the one top right of all the fields, close to that pavilion. That pavilion is already built and currently looks out over an AFL field to the other side.

4G pitch or grass?

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)

Given the Rebels injury woes I hope the big building in the middle is the physio facilities.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Interesting stat from that item - knew the number would be significant; higher than I was aware, though.

“... Pacific Island community (PI), representing 68% of players in community clubs in Victoria, by far the highest percentage of PI participation in all Australian states...”

must be a misprint i think its spose to say 98 lol