• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
Was neither happy nor particularly upset at seeing him leave. Always put in a shift but is never going to win a game or you. He seemed to be a well liked and respected leader and always gave his all on the pitch but I think has found his level as a good solid Super Rugby player. Good luck to the man I say, I hope he plays really well for the Force.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I always found Wells to be a bit of a downer. Even if we won and played well he never seemed happy. Sure, you should never rest on your laurels but you also have to celebrate and acknowledge successes in order to justify the hard work put in to achieve that but he seldom did. Gave all on the pitch for the team, though and I hope he continues to give all for the Force (though as Captain again? Not sure).

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Injuries are obviously a common thing in rugby but no team manages to year in year out miss key players over considerable amounts of time like the Rebels do.

Hardwick
Hodge
Philip
Leota
Kellaway

You could argue are in the conversation for their 5 best players. All missing large chunks of the season.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
But it is the same every year.
You know we will have TT next year and he will miss the whole season with a nasty ingrown toenail.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Injuries are obviously a common thing in rugby but no team manages to year in year out miss key players over considerable amounts of time like the Rebels do.

Hardwick
Hodge
Philip
Leota
Kellaway

You could argue are in the conversation for their 5 best players. All missing large chunks of the season.
3 of them were broken by the wallabies

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Will we see Philip back at all this season?

Would be amazing to put out a team like:
1. Gibbon 2. Mafi 3. Talakai
4. Hosea 5. Philip
6. Leota 8. Hardwick 7. Wilkin
16. Rangi 17. Eloff 18. Famausili 19. Canham 20 Ekuasi

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Surely Phillip is more likely than Leota? One did an ACL, the other an Achillies although I think Leota's was a month earlier

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Will we see Philip back at all this season?

Would be amazing to put out a team like:
1. Gibbon 2. Mafi 3. Talakai
4. Hosea 5. Philip
6. Leota 8. Hardwick 7. Wilkin
16. Rangi 17. Eloff 18. Famausili 19. Canham 20 Ekuasi

For me Canham has taken Trev's spot (for now)

Obvs Trev has a higher ceiling & will become the better lock but just atm I think Josh has had the better season

I'm not from Quins or a supporter of them but geez they are becoming a RV player factory

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
For me Canham has taken Trev's spot (for now)

Obvs Trev has a higher ceiling & will become the better lock but just atm I think Josh has had the better season

I'm not from Quins or a supporter of them but geez they are becoming a RV player factory
Trev was massive yesterday. It’s well timed to have Canham back next week with Trev definitely out with the 12 day stand down.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Think I read Kellaway may be back next match. I like this Rebels team. Seem to be playing with growing confidence and enjoying it as well. Might draw a few supporters back at this rate.
Foote said he would be available from this weekend. Maybe off the bench? Will be a tough one in Suva.

MelbourneRebels

Herbert Moran (7)
I don't reckon this week - he's meeting F1 drivers with Hodge while the squads are about to jet off to Fiji.
That video was from late last night, Hodge was also there FWIW.
1680137760775.jpeg