• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I reckon jordy would be pushing hard to have that knee ready for wallabies camp..: it didn’t look good though

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I reckon jordy would be pushing hard to have that knee ready for wallabies camp..: it didn’t look good though
Footage of Jordy walking after game collecting his 50th cap was promising. He was walking with a bit of a limp, but not on crutches at least. Maybe he just did that for the cameras.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Hosea, Pone, Mafi and Jordy should all be fit in two weeks time

Pretty fucked that when Eloff got yellow and Kemeny had to go off when we went uncontested.

That we were without any of
1 Eloff
2 Mafi
3 Pone
4 Phillip
5 Hosea
6 Kemeny
7 Hardwick
8 Leota
16 Uelese

Outside of Wilkin nobody else at the club could really claim a spot in our best pack

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hosea, Pone, Mafi and Jordy should all be fit in two weeks time

Pretty fucked that when Eloff got yellow and Kemeny had to go off when we went uncontested.

That we were without any of
1 Eloff
2 Mafi
3 Pone
4 Phillip
5 Hosea
6 Kemeny
7 Hardwick
8 Leota
16 Uelese

Outside of Wilkin nobody else at the club could really claim a spot in our best pack
Any news on their injuries?

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Weren't the only one... good news on the whole come Monday.

Rehabbers are in this morning and some other boys in on their own time doing extras, which is great to see. It's great to see as boys don't have to be back till later in the week due to having a few days off thanks to the bye.
I love bye week - a round where I’m not nervous!

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Random thought and not that we need any more props, but has anyone seen or heard anything about Fereti Sa’aga lately. I know he left to practice his beliefs more but there has been numerous cases of players leaving for religious beliefs and then venturing back into the game. Just wondering if he might be playing local rugby at all? It was a shame he retired as was still so young and showed a lot of promise.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Random thought and not that we need any more props, but has anyone seen or heard anything about Fereti Sa’aga lately. I know he left to practice his beliefs more but there has been numerous cases of players leaving for religious beliefs and then venturing back into the game. Just wondering if he might be playing local rugby at all? It was a shame he retired as was still so young and showed a lot of promise.
don't think he's playing but he is still working out, he looks massive.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
He would have eventually got a wallaby jersey as well. Such a shame, showed great scrummaging promise at such a young age and surprisingly good with ball in hand.
Makes sense with his dad, Rika, being a former international prop for Samoa. I'm sad that his younger brother RJ never quite kicked on.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

We are actually okay with props

1. Gibbon/Eloff/IAK/Orr
2. Mafi/Jordy/Rangi/Theo
3. Pone/Eloff/Talakai

doesn't help with 3 get injured in 1 half of footy including 2 hookers, I know the players have all been given time off but IAK & Orr really could have done with a run in club footy this weekend

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
My mistake the rebels cup is on in the qpr tomorrow,

IAK named for UQ & Miava, Hough, David & Glen Viahu & Mason Gordan all playing for wests

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Peeps - heading down with 8 chums to the Bledisloe Cup game in Melbourne on July 29. Any decemt luncheons happening on the friday or the game day Saturday. We're open to anything - small or large.