• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
For all this talk of the Rebels going well, we're still 2nd last on the table.

This week's game is obviously a must win and if we can't beat the cellar dwellers then we deserve our wooden spoon.

Moana away, Brumbies home, Waratahs away, Highlanders away, Force home, Brumbies home

Need to pick up 3 more wins to beat last season. Possible. Knowing us, difficult.
I would back us against Moana, Tahs, Force and Highlanders

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
For all this talk of the Rebels going well, we're still 2nd last on the table.

This week's game is obviously a must win and if we can't beat the cellar dwellers then we deserve our wooden spoon.

Moana away, Brumbies home, Waratahs away, Highlanders away, Force home, Brumbies home

Need to pick up 3 more wins to beat last season. Possible. Knowing us, difficult.
From an outsiders point of view, and blasphemous for me to say it being a force supporter, i reckon you guys have been the exciting prize packet of the Australian teams this year. The way your lads are playing the game is really quite fun to watch and me personally i don't think the lads are too far away from a few wins. There is a lot to look forward to with some of the young blokes stepping up. Gordon is gaining more and more confidence each week and controlling the game a lot more.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
From an outsiders point of view, and blasphemous for me to say it being a force supporter, i reckon you guys have been the exciting prize packet of the Australian teams this year. The way your lads are playing the game is really quite fun to watch and me personally i don't think the lads are too far away from a few wins. There is a lot to look forward to with some of the young blokes stepping up. Gordon is gaining more and more confidence each week and controlling the game a lot more.
I don’t get why Force fans and Rebels fans aren’t meant to be able to get on. Obviously there was the drama when they were looking to cut a side.

But I have always wanted to see the Force do well

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I don’t get why Force fans and Rebels fans aren’t meant to be able to get on. Obviously there was the drama when they were looking to cut a side.

But I have always wanted to see the Force do well
We were doing just fine until “the troubles” in 2017. It was RA that drove a wedge between us. I think we are slowly starting to get back to the friendly rivalry we used to enjoy.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I think we should encourage the rivalries. Aus Rugby is way too chummy.
It actually needs to be a bit chummier, in a way. We are all in the larger contest together, a contest to survive (and hopefully thrive) as a minor code in this nation.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
1st half on Friday was great!

2nd half on Friday was a steamer!

Seems to be the story of the season, unfortunately. As a long-suffering Essendon/Rebels fan -- it's the hope that kills you.

On the positive side, Ekuasi's try was such a highlight reel moment. Kemeny absolutely folding Havili then Ekuasi catching the pill on the full and beating a surprisingly slow Mo'unga for the full length? Golden.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
1st half on Friday was great!

2nd half on Friday was a steamer!

Seems to be the story of the season, unfortunately. As a long-suffering Essendon/Rebels fan -- it's the hope that kills you.

On the positive side, Ekuasi's try was such a highlight reel moment. Kemeny absolutely folding Havili then Ekuasi catching the pill on the full and beating a surprisingly slow Mo'unga for the full length? Golden.
Look I only watched the replay so I knew we lost.

We have improved on last year, not getting the result sucks I hate losing. But you have to take the good with the bad. We seem to be slowly closing the gap. If we fail to progress next year that’s when I will be baying for blood

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Look I only watched the replay so I knew we lost.

We have improved on last year, not getting the result sucks I hate losing. But you have to take the good with the bad. We seem to be slowly closing the gap. If we fail to progress next year that’s when I will be baying for blood
But next year there'll be another couple season ending injuries plus players leaving and we'll be stuck building off a dodgy foundation as always.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
It actually needs to be a bit chummier, in a way. We are all in the larger contest together, a contest to survive (and hopefully thrive) as a minor code in this nation.
I think that's fine as Rugby fans, but Super Rugby has zero tribalism, which is one of the main drivers of fan engagement

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think that's fine as Rugby fans, but Super Rugby has zero tribalism, which is one of the main drivers of fan engagement
Tribalism works better with cross-town than cross-state teams. Even in AFL with places like Adelaide and Perth, the Showdowns / Derbies are the most popular.