• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Brumbies 2.35pm 07/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Not happy With Hosea playing on, I know it’s in his short term interests but he’s already missed games for concussion. He got hit by another Rebels player in the head, definitely stumbled groggily then got back up and played on. Don’t think this is the first time Rebels have been accused of this though it is an independent match day doctor no?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Brumbies deserved winners for how many dumb takes the Rebels did. Just really stupid shit. Excited for Hodge to move on and free up, I assume, a lot of cash.

Valetini is unstoppable, wish the Wallabies’ opposition tackled like the Rebels. Longeran pretty handy and whoever the lock was that kept picking our line out off. Toole was underused but I like the Brumbies kiwi 12, hard runner & tackler. Samu was fairly anonymous.

Imagine Carter Gordon with an actual decent backline and 9. Still trying to work out if Monty is good or not.

Missed Canham in the line out, Smith is good with ball in hand but line out wasn’t clicking. Not sure if it was Mafi or the locks. Rough welcome back for Hardwick. He got demolished by Valetini.
Monty is not great IMO.

He is sort of a nothing winger. Doesnt have out and out pace and is too small to be a crash ball finisher. Doesnt seem to have the nous someone like Muirhead has to compensate.

griffins

Alfred Walker (16)
Did the reds tahs mmatch thread blow up for the two maul tries last night?

As a Brums fan it was great to see Hooper back on the park and looking busy. A fair way away from the level he was at last year though, hopefully he works his way into it but the wabs speculstion looks optimistic at the moment. Brums really well served by Jahrome Brown too, good to see him back.

Ikitau has already been singled out but wow that was some tackle on Gordon near the line late in the game. He was through for all money.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Quiet game from Frost. He’s not quite delivering big games every week. He got brushed off quite easily more than a couple times. Funnily enough thought Swain was great till his absolutely stupid yc. Like just dumb shit.

Shame Valetini was 6 and not 8, because he pushes Kemeny out of my TotW who had a pretty tasty game. Don’t think he’ll go gold but better than good super player.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Yep and Noah's tries were good but it was all support play, not exactly a #10 quality and less likely to get those opportunities at Test level
To say it was all support play is such a stretch. He was found in the right position at the right time to score 2 great tries.

griffins

Alfred Walker (16)
Quiet game from Frost. He’s not quite delivering big games every week. He got brushed off quite easily more than a couple times. Funnily enough thought Swain was great till his absolutely stupid yc. Like just dumb shit.

Shame Valetini was 6 and not 8, because he pushes Kemeny out of my TotW who had a pretty tasty game. Don’t think he’ll go gold but better than good super player.

Frost's defence is the last piece of the puzzle for him, had improved in close and can hold up well but a grabber in more open situations like when he missed Kemeny today.

Disappointed in Mafi after I said he was the oick of the Aussie hookers, he was poor today. On the other side yet another game where Lonergan was excellent around the field and middling at best at set piece.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Super keen for Hooper to steadily work his way back in. Great to see him back, think he’s got so much promise.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
For those who think Lachie Lonergan is too small, I suggest you have a look at a section of play around 10 minutes to go when he absolutely smashes Pone Faumasili at full pace and within two one-off runner phases is there to make the steal just out from the tryline. He is the best No 2 in the country in open play and doesn't seem to be hindrance to a solid Brumby scrum. He and Billy Pollard (especially) need to get more elevation in their lineout throwing because if an opposition jumper gets up in front of the catcher they have an unhindered steal. Now, if I can see this on tv over the few weeks Pollard has been back, then why haven't the coaches been able to rectify those weaknesses?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
For those who think Lachie Lonergan is too small, I suggest you have a look at a section of play around 10 minutes to go when he absolutely smashes Pone Faumasili at full pace and within two one-off runner phases is there to make the steal just out from the tryline. He is the best No 2 in the country in open play and doesn't seem to be hindrance to a solid Brumby scrum. He and Billy Pollard (especially) need to get more elevation in their lineout throwing because if an opposition jumper gets up in front of the catcher they have an unhindered steal. Now, if I can see this on tv over the few weeks Pollard has been back, then why haven't the coaches been able to rectify those weaknesses?
Also looks great shirtless

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Was at the game, 2 things.

1. Why was Eloff's try taken off him to everyone in the area that I was in we all thought it looked like 1 movement after he hit the ground which you are allowed to do in rugby.

2. Not having a go at Noah at all & his 2 tries were the difference but it genuinely to all of us looked like Carter was the better 10 on the day.

that was a tough loss to swallow

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Was at the game, 2 things.

1. Why was Eloff's try taken off him to everyone in the area that I was in we all thought it looked like 1 movement after he hit the ground which you are allowed to do in rugby.

2. Not having a go at Noah at all & his 2 tries were the difference but it genuinely to all of us looked like Carter was the better 10 on the day.

that was a tough loss to swallow
A tackled player is allowed to reach out and place the ball in any direction. Eloff pushed his body forward to reach the line in what Doleman called a secondary movement (as distinct from the RL second movement).

Carter Gordon >> Noah Lolesio.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
His size is fine. He makes up for any supposed deficiency with play around the field. I don’t care even more when none of the bigger body options are knocking down the door.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
You can place the ball but not propel yourself forward with your feet/legs on the ground is my understanding of the rule

Ah okay, we didnt pick that up that live.

Well done Brums on a true brums 23 man win. We gave it every shot & nearly sent it to extra time. Same problems again we just let in too many points.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
How does Lonergans size stack up to someone like Dane Coles? Seems comparable to me. If he can have half the impact and career as that prick I’d be very happy.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Thought Valentini was immense and caused plenty of damage, his stats support that, 13 carries for 106m, 7 defenders beaten and an offload.

He always gets himself up for games in melbourne. Feels he owes all the ppl that helped him on his journey & wants to do his very best for them. I cant think of a game at aami that he hasn't been in the best on the park. Would love him back home one day but only when he's ready.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Haven't read the thread, not much to say about the game as a whole except the Brumbies systems and leadership structure remain the best in Australia.

Now...

Where the fuck was the on field leadership in that last 10 fucking minutes. Threw the game away with those stupid little tap & goes and let the Brumbies rely on their excellent structures 5ms out rather than just taking the time to pack a scrum and create some space or pushover.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Gordon out played Noah today. Noah is a nice player but he isn’t in the class of Gordon.

That try assist at the end of the first half, that’s why Carter is better. He can beat you one on one carrying the ball to the line the Brumbies know that saw that the d line collapsed inwards and he throws the perfect ball to the outside.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Haven't read the thread, not much to say about the game as a whole except the Brumbies systems and leadership structure remain the best in Australia.

Now...

Where the fuck was the on field leadership in that last 10 fucking minutes. Threw the game away with those stupid little tap & goes and let the Brumbies rely on their excellent structures 5ms out rather than just taking the time to pack a scrum and create some space or pushover.
Had to take the 3 when Swain got binned.

Status
Not open for further replies.