• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds 25/03 @ AAMI

Realrugby63

Stan Wickham (3)
Do you think that Paisami going off early had an impact? Henry looked good in attack but not sure if the Reds defence suffered without Paisami. Hopefully he is okay, hasn't been having a good run if injuries.
They brought him back too soon after a concussion. Henry should have started 100% and there would have been better continuity. Hunter has had two or three head knocks in recent times and should be resting for as long as possible. Granted, Henry was out with the broken hand, but we need to take concussion more seriously like league does.

Realrugby63

Stan Wickham (3)
I don’t understand a lot of the kicking possession away tonight by JOC (James O'Connor) etc. we kept giving them balls directly to them and they would work it up to half way pretty easily. I noticed less of this in the second half, but I don’t understand why we don’t back our forwards and strong runners like we did in the dying minutes more throughout the game

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I don’t understand a lot of the kicking possession away tonight by JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) etc. we kept giving them balls directly to them and they would work it up to half way pretty easily. I noticed less of this in the second half, but I don’t understand why we don’t back our forwards and strong runners like we did in the dying minutes more throughout the game
Your forwards aren't fit enough, they only did that in the dying minutes because they were chasing the game. When the play stopped they looked wrecked trying to recover before the next passage of play.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Tahs fan - wallabies fan foremost. The difference between the Rebels this year and the past years is Carter Gordon. He might be the answer for the Wallabies. Eddie will want the hair gone though.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Just seen the Stan coverage, Morgan Turinui’s conduct was disgraceful. Sean Maloney was the only one able to maintain an ounce of professionalism.

If you want to talk about poor calls what about Pincus tackling Henry and then Wilkin getting on the ball and getting done for no clear release when he wasn’t the tackler.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
They brought him back too soon after a concussion. Henry should have started 100% and there would have been better continuity. Hunter has had two or three head knocks in recent times and should be resting for as long as possible. Granted, Henry was out with the broken hand, but we need to take concussion more seriously like league does.

take them more seriously like league?

NRL adopted rugby unions guidelines for concussion management only 2 weeks ago after criticism over for not taking them seriously enough

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Well that was a game and a half. Well done Rebels.
Tahs fan - wallabies fan foremost. The difference between the Rebels this year and the past years is Carter Gordon. He might be the answer for the Wallabies. Eddie will want the hair gone though.

Eddie likes his hair, came out in the last pod. Something like this:

Pemby: I like the look of Gordon, what do you think.
Eddie: What you're doing fashion now?
Pemby: I like his play, his form.
Eddie: I like his hair too Pemby - what are you a selector now?
Pemby: OK, you're giving nothing away...

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Well that was a game and a half. Well done Rebels.

Eddie likes his hair, came out in the last pod. Something like this:

Pemby: I like the look of Gordon, what do you think.
Eddie: What you're doing fashion now?
Pemby: I like his play, his form.
Eddie: I like his hair too Pemby - what are you a selector now?
Pemby: OK, you're giving nothing away...
A bit of sarcasm there I think, and my read on it was he was merely deflecting the real question which was whether or not he's in his calculations. Eddie likes his players to look like professionals.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
A bit of sarcasm there I think, and my read on it was he was merely deflecting the real question which was whether or not he's in his calculations. Eddie likes his players to look like professionals.

YEs of course. I just thought it amusingly applicable.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

He doesn’t seem to care that much
5CF96FB5-F0F7-4A41-98A0-E1484557DEF3.jpeg

49B4E7B7-D4C9-4884-91A3-855F6EC9AC57.jpeg

D18767F7-5E3A-41CF-A8A4-06ABBC2DA6B2.jpeg

Last edited:

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
take them more seriously like league?

NRL adopted rugby unions guidelines for concussion management only 2 weeks ago after criticism over for not taking them seriously enough
I don’t think we need a set stand down period. I think it should all be of symptoms. If the doctor is confident they are completely symptom free in a week let them play. If the doctor doesn’t sign them off for 2 months then they don’t play for 2 months

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
People complaining about Campbell but he still managed to break by my count 5 tackles in the first half behind a beaten pack.
Campbell was fine last night, didn’t set the world a light but wasn’t bad either. There was several Reds players that played pretty well that are getting some strange comments about them on here. JOC (James O'Connor) I thought was outstanding with the limited opportunities he was given. Reds almost scored 40pts, I don’t think anyone in that backline will be having the finger pointed at them this week. Rebels didn’t expose them outwide, the majority of the breaks were from passive tackles in tight and continuous go forward from the Rebels in tight (which just sends everyone pedaling on the back foot) and then Gordon exposing Reds on the inside. Smith might be the only 1 not out pointed by the Rebs opposite in the pack. The Reds pack discipline was atrocious as well, giving Rebels so much ball up the park.