• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds, Sat 13 May @ 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Screw this depressing shit, calling it now, Rebels to beat the Reds for the 3rd game in a row and 4 out of the last 5.

That's right the toads from the North suck more than we do in recent years.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Teams up. Mad Dog is back.

Melbourne Rebels team for Round 12 v Reds:

1. Toby Smith
2. James Hanson
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Steve Cummins
5. Dominic Day
6. Hugh Sinclair
7. Colby Fainga’a (Captain)
8. Amanaki Mafi
9. Ben Meehan
10. Ben Volavola
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Mitch Inman
13. Tom English
14. Sefa Naivalu
15. Reece Hodge

Reserves

16. Siliva Siliva
17. Fereti Sa’aga
18. Tyrel Lomax
19. Culum Retallick
20. Sean McMahon
21. Harrison Goddard
22. Will Miller
23. Jack Maddocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the hammer does fall on the REBELS and all is done and dusted, there are some attractive prospects in this lineup the REDS could do with.
Sef F has had a fair share of game time and his 'audition' time is up. I would love to see young Lomax playing for the REDS. Raw but can be in the mould of the AB legend Carl Hayman.Ideally to bring stability and dominate that leftside of our scrum.
Siliva is a definite glown that will bring the fans back. His hollywood shenanigans against Lions captain had the fans in laughter. Afterall this is entertainment. Good to have MD back. . .and JH should return 'home' even if rebels dont fold.
Should be a great game. key matchup in forwards would be the exciting Mafi against the explosive Higginbottom.

D

daz

Firstly, the hammer isn't falling on the Rebels. Secondly, keep your grubby hands off our players; except our current 9's. You can have all of them at the end of the season for all I care.

And finally, Rebels to win this in a canter.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Great to see Hunt back and DP in his proper place.
Also love seeing Korczyk on the field, yes Reg he needs development, lets give him some consistent game time. From the bench is fine.
Hope to see more of Stewart. We really need to be developing 10 depth.

Frisby?! Let's hope his kicking foot has a new programme 'if in doubt dont' and his brain is re-wired 'there is always doubt'.
Back up front row - Stocks low obviously.

Ben Daley likely to have a (nother) field day with the inner mongrel that we only ever really see against Reds.

PS surely we must win this one. The fact that it could position us towards finals is a sad joke.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Firstly, the hammer isn't falling on the Rebels. Secondly, keep your grubby hands off our players; except our current 9's. You can have all of them at the end of the season for all I care.

And finally, Rebels to win this in a canter.

Sounds like you are going to keep ignoring your grassroots and
leaching off the northern states.

Cut them!!!!!!!!

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sounds like you are going to keep leaching off the northern states and ignore your grassroots.
its a small (relatively speaking) patch of grass but its growing, getting wider and deeper each year, and its already producing some quality lawn.
besides, even with the salary "cap" (more an enormous sombrero) there isn't room for every rugby player in Queensland and NSW

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
This thread is a tad depressing, it seems like no one else is excited for my favourite game of the year, where I can actually watch the reds live.

Reds and rebels to put on the game of the round, score 7 tries between them, with Rebs keeping in touch through penalties. Reds to seal it with Higginbotham scoring a try at the death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Quade should have given the ball there but FFS you can't put your hands around someone's throat &stay on!!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
At least there's some feeling in this match.

This ref is going to blow this match away with his whistle the way this is going.

Although, that ball should have been left to play by Frisby, or a penalty to the Reds.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Rebels called a scrum, and the scrum screws and the Reds win the scrum penalty lotto.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wow, Rebels hooker off his feet with the Reds hot on attack grabs the ball and plays it back. This ref is going to kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.