• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Crusaders Rnd 12 Super Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilful

Larry Dwyer (12)
It's not 250%, it's 150%.

If it was 3 weeks, it would be 50% more, if it was 4 weeks, it would be 100% more.

but yes, it is definitely inconsistent.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
It's not 250%, it's 150%.

If it was 3 weeks, it would be 50% more, if it was 4 weeks, it would be 100% more.

but yes, it is definitely inconsistent.

Perhaps I saw it in normal % ratio terms, viz: 5/2 = x/100 .... x (as %) is 250 ... 5 being 2.5 X 2

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Crusaders

1. Wyatt Crockett 2. Corey Flynn 3. Owen Franks 4. Luke Romano 5. Samuel Whitelock 6. George Whitelock 7. Richie McCaw (C) 8. Luke Whitelock 9. Willi Heinz 10. Tom Taylor 11. Zac Guildford 12. Dan Carter (VC) 13. Robbie Fruean 14. Sean Maitland 15. Tom Marshall

Replacements : 16. Ben Funnell 17. Ben Franks 18. Tom Donnelly (Ross Kennedy) 19. Kieran Read 20. Andy Ellis 21. Ryan Crotty 22. Israel Dagg

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
1. LOOSEHEAD PROP - Nic Henderson
2. HOOKER - Ged Robinson
3. TIGHTHEAD PROP - Rodney Blake
4. LEFT LOCK - Cadeyrn Neville
5. RIGHT LOCK - Hugh Pyle (VC)
6. LEFT FLANKER - Tim Davidson
7. RIGHT FLANKER - Michael Lipman
8. NUMBER EIGHT - Gareth Delve (C)

9. SCRUMHALF - Nick Phipps
10. FLYHALF - Kurtley Beale
11. LEFT WING - Cooper Vuna
12. INSIDE CENTRE - Lachlan Mitchell
13. OUTSIDE CENTRE - Mitch Inman
14. RIGHT WING - Mark Gerrard
15. FULLBACK - Julian Huxley

REPLACEMENTS:
16. RESERVE - Adam Freier
17. RESERVE - Jono Owen
18. RESERVE - Al Campbell
19. RESERVE - Ryan Hodson
20. RESERVE - Nic Stirzaker
21. RESERVE - James Hilgendorf
22. RESERVE - Stirling Mortlock

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I would rather see Mortlock run at 15 rather than Hux.

I know it's not his natural position but it's not one he's unfamiliar with either.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
I would rather see Mortlock run at 15 rather than Hux.

I know it's not his natural position but it's not one he's unfamiliar with either.
Mortlock wouldn't last the full 80. Better serves the team as an impact player off the bench, tbh.

If anything you'd have Mortlock on the wing, Gerrard at FB. Doubt that though, considering how well Mark has been playing.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Plenty of Kiwi's in Melbourne and every Kiwi's 2nd favourite team is the Saders (plus a lot of other people too).

Ahhhhhh.....some of us hate the Crusaders. Do you know how un-kiwi I was deemed to be as the only guy standing in my local, cheering for Phil Waugh and the Waratahs in 2008 (was it 2008?).......ABC my friend, ABC....anyone but Canterbury!!

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Ahhhhhh.....some of us hate the Crusaders. Do you know how un-kiwi I was deemed to be as the only guy standing in my local, cheering for Phil Waugh and the Waratahs in 2008 (was it 2008?).......ABC my friend, ABC....anyone but Canterbury!!
Cheers, can make a nice tune from that.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Cheers, can make a nice tune from that.
You're welcome :)

I must say however, that since moving to Aussie, I've become a lot more patriotic.....I still can't bring myself to like Canterbury but I'll support them against most other teams now.....except the NZ teams, and probably the Brumbies, Cheetahs, Force, Rebels, Lions, Sharks....and maybe even the Stormers....

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
If the rebels play the way they did against the Bulls and also have a good look at the way the Reds played against Saders,They have a great chance of causing up big upset.

But If Bryce Lawrence is the Ref, well there fucked....;)

Beale Had a better 2nd half at 10, 1st half trying to make something with every pass and 2nd controlled himself and played great.. JOC (James O'Connor) wont be missed to much andnbeale has stepped up to the Mark and I think JOC (James O'Connor) will find it hard to get his 10 jumper back

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
You're welcome :)

I must say however, that since moving to Aussie, I've become a lot more patriotic.....I still can't bring myself to like Canterbury but I'll support them against most other teams now.....except the NZ teams, and probably the Brumbies, Cheetahs, Force, Rebels, Lions, Sharks....and maybe even the Stormers....

And therein lies my point!

Interesting perspective though, I suppose it does make sense for kiwis to hate Canterbury but once they move overseas the us-against-the-world attitude emerges.

Obviously this isn't exclusive to Kiwis, but there are a heap of you over here.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
The Crusaders are rotating some of their players out of the XV and even out of the 22.

Talk about choices: they had fewer injuries than most other teams to start with and, apart from the odd dirt-tracker that I might have missed, they now have everybody back.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Apparently one of the biggest crowds expected, pre-sales bigger than any other game.

Offering discounts on group bookings, MCC members, and to people attending the Tigers v Swans match on at the G at 4pm. Good to see them throwing everything at filling the joint.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Like I have said so many times the Crusaders are favoured by refs, simply because they infringe with purpose at speed. When the opposition does the same thing they look guilty doing it.

The scrums again are rubbish. Crocket has taken down the first two and dropped the bind and Blake was penalised exactly the same as last week against the Tahs.

Status
Not open for further replies.