• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
^ perhaps they've extended it so we can get one more round of high ball challenge.

I'd like it if they extended it to 15 mins and squeezed a game of 7s in.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
You can relax! Half-time is now 12 mins.

S15 half-time break extended
2013-01-10 10:02​
Cape Town - SANZAR on Thursday announced that half-time breaks for the 2013 Vodacom Super Rugby season will be extended to 12 minutes.​
The 18th year of Super Rugby kicks off on Friday, February 15 with the Rebels hosting the Force in Melbourne.​
Only the Australian Conference will be in action in Round 1 (due to the British and Irish Lions Tour), with the New Zealand and South African teams commencing their season in Round 2.​

Beauty, Now you squeeze in a piss as well as fixing a beverage.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I have been training the house down also. I can make a cuppa in between games and half time quicker than ever. I'm not a heavy drinker but my sprint times between the couch and the fridge to fetch a can are looking sharp indeed. Can't wait for the season and am also raring to go.

Ruggo, I didn't realise you had such pull with SANZAR. To think they have extended the half time break by two minutes to give you more time to make a cuppa. Or is it that the committee of SANZAR also like their half time cuppa.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
Kevin Davis?

I actually watched a session the other day and I agree that Holmes is looking incredibly strong, especially in the upper body. I don't know too much about front row but from what I have seen, I would think he is just maturing as a prop. I definitely have concerns about Kev though. Does he have what it takes?

T

TOCC

I actually watched a session the other day and I agree that Holmes is looking incredibly strong, especially in the upper body. I don't know too much about front row but from what I have seen, I would think he is just maturing as a prop. I definitely have concerns about Kev though. Does he have what it takes?

Upper body has never been the issue, Holmes has the old chicken leg physique and the legs/glutes are where props draw much of their power from.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I was a. Chicken leg prop leg Strength is not a problem

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

T

TOCC

I agree that it isn't the absolute measure of a props success, however biomechanically it is recognised that the core, quadriceps, hamstrings and gastrocenemius are the main muscle groups when it comes to a prop pushing in the scrum.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I did and I'm certain he does. I got stronger just not much bigger. I think he is the same.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Ruggo, I didn't realise you had such pull with SANZAR. To think they have extended the half time break by two minutes to give you more time to make a cuppa. Or is it that the committee of SANZAR also like their half time cuppa.

I doubt they drink instant coffee and not strain their tea like I do.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I have been training the house down also. I can make a cuppa in between games and half time quicker than ever. I'm not a heavy drinker but my sprint times between the couch and the fridge to fetch a can are looking sharp indeed. Can't wait for the season and am also raring to go.
you have the full support of the board of directors and the team and are an integral part of our future direction

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Enjoying the YouTube clips the Reds are putting out in anticipation of the upcoming season.

T

TOCC

16'000 more members needed to hit their target of 40'000...

In thinking it may be a stretch too far, unless the 4 game memberships go gangbusters..

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I thought the last 2 membership goals were a stretch so I'm keeping an open mind on this goal

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I cant see why we shouldn't have a good 2013. It'll require some luck in avoiding key injuries at key times, something we weren't blessed with last year. I thought our team "meshed" pretty well most of the season and the injuries on tour to SA cost us dearly. I like the look of the squad. We've had virtually the same squad now for a third year running and that is a major plus in my eyes. Their now a team that's been there and done it. I like the look of all our fringe players (particularly liked what I saw from Lance, CFS and Schatz last year. Cant say im a massive Davis fans.

Higgers is definitely a loss. I thought he fitted our style of game well. We look to have sufficient cover but we'll need a big year from Quirk.

Not the best draw. A tough road trip and we miss out on the gimme 5 points for playing the Kings. we need a strong start. Hopefully we cope ok without Genia.

Can anyone tell me anything about the guys in the extended squad? What are our best prospects in terms of back up locks and props?

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
16'000 more members needed to hit their target of 40'000.

In thinking it may be a stretch too far, unless the 4 game memberships go gangbusters..
If Genia is announced as being availiable for the last 4 games of the season and the Reds are online for a finals berth then I think the 4 game deals will go very well.
I think having Genia and Cooper together will get people through the gate.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Can anyone tell me anything about the guys in the extended squad? What are our best prospects in terms of back up locks and props?

Between the EPS and the Reds College, Lock looks fairly well covered.

Blake Enever from the EPS is the youngest and having been part of the National Academy last year has been identified as having potential. Already having a Super Rugby cap and his EPS contract suggest he is seen as the most likely to step up in the event of injuries.

Tom Murday returns to Queensland after spending some time with Western Force and the Brumbies Wider Training Squad. He has been around awhile without ever securing a Super Rugby contract, but is still young at only 23.

Ed O'Donoghue is an astute pick-up. It is rare to have someone of his experience available as part of the unpaid Reds College. Of the three options he would seem the most Super Rugby ready should injuries occur early in the season.

Reactions: BDA
Status
Not open for further replies.