• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
16'000 more members needed to hit their target of 40'000.

In thinking it may be a stretch too far, unless the 4 game memberships go gangbusters..
I think with a good start to the year plus the hype around the Lions the 40K target might be reached. Like LB said the closer they get to the finals the better chance they have of reaching the goal.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
16'000 more members needed to hit their target of 40'000.

In thinking it may be a stretch too far, unless the 4 game memberships go gangbusters..

They will get another 16000 easy. I am sure im not the only person trying to get back in the black after christmas/NYE in time for a season ticket before Rd1

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I like the look of all our fringe players (particularly liked what I saw from Lance, CFS and Schatz last year. Cant say im a massive Davis fans.

I've told Davies has had a much better pre-season this year then last. Due to no injuries and a strong desire to get back to the top. Apparently he is looking extremely strong. I love his raw speed so im hoping thats all true. He will only get a small opportunity to show it. So he better make the most of any chance he gets.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
While I wouldn't have Davies in my top 15 it's always nice to have someone in the squad who is lightning quick.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I think with a good start to the year plus the hype around the Lions the 40K target might be reached. Like LB said the closer they get to the finals the better chance they have of reaching the goal.

The forever red membership at $65 gets you all the merch the ticketed members get. It will do pretty well. I think we will be seeing the QC (Quade Cooper) shirts everywhere this year.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Davi
While I wouldn't have Davies in my top 15 it's always nice to have someone in the squad who is lightning quick.
Davies on the end of a long Cooper pass was brilliant in 2011. I'd have him in my 15 if he's good enough this year.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
The forever red membership at $65 gets you all the merch the ticketed members get. It will do pretty well. I think we will be seeing the QC (Quade Cooper) shirts everywhere this year.

You'll be finding my QC (Quade Cooper) shirt at the local op shop.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
You'll be finding my QC (Quade Cooper) shirt at the local op shop.

I will have to psych myself up to wear the hideous thing but I am going to guts it out for the team. If we are winning it won't be too much of a psych up though.

I may even start to like it.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Davi
Davies on the end of a long Cooper pass was brilliant in 2011. I'd have him in my 15 if he's good enough this year.
I think Shipperly offers more and I'd like to see CFS get a bit of a look in from time to time. Diggers owns the other spot so it will require injuries for Davies to get a start, although I'm sure if Link needs pure speed in a certain game then Davies is the man.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I actually watched a session the other day and I agree that Holmes is looking incredibly strong, especially in the upper body. I don't know too much about front row but from what I have seen, I would think he is just maturing as a prop.
Interesting that almost a full Reds XV was in the Wallabies promotional squad this week - minus one prop and a blindside.

2. James Hanson / Saia Fainga'a
3. James Slipper
4. Rob Simmons
5. James Horwill
7. Liam Gill
8. Jake Schatz
9. Will Genia / Ben Lucas
10. Quade Cooper
11. Digby Ioane
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Anthony Fainga'a
14. Dom Shipperley
15. Michael Harris / Luke Morahan

Hopefully that spurs on players missing out, like Holmes, to have a big season.

The same for guys like Robinson and Quirk. Samo as well (I've been writing him off as getting too old but he just seems to keep on keeping on).

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I have to agree with you kiap, I thought Samo was done watching him play for GPS early in the Premier season last year but he still makes a positive impact at Reds and Wallaby level.

Also you missed 10. Cooper. Very happy with that team when you slot Holmes and Robinson/Quirk in.

I'm getting a little excited about Super Rugby starting soon.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Also you missed 10. Cooper. Very happy with that team when you slot Holmes and Robinson/Quirk in.

Oops! Must have been a Freudian slip ..... Now fixed.

The Reds can go well this year (fingers crossed on the injuries). I want to see 2 Aus teams in the finals this year, *minimum*.

Samo has been amazing. I'm a big fan of the bloke. He must be getting close to retirement but, as long as he's delivering, keep him there!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Just heard Nick McArdle on the tennis and got excited - 1 month to go.

So who starts at 6? I'd be going with Robinson but that leaves the lineout really exposed. Schatz is going to have to start jumping. With Pocock and Hooper first up they will need to be strong at the breakdown, even more so without Genia, and Robinson will offer more experience and has ok abilities as a link player.

T

TOCC

It's going to have to be a back-row of:

6. Quirk
7. Gill
8. Schatz

yeah you could throw Robinson or Samo In there but I think that is the likely starting backrow.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Just heard Nick McArdle on the tennis and got excited - 1 month to go.

So who starts at 6? I'd be going with Robinson but that leaves the lineout really exposed. Schatz is going to have to start jumping. With Pocock and Hooper first up they will need to be strong at the breakdown, even more so without Genia, and Robinson will offer more experience and has ok abilities as a link player.
Yeah, H'bums lineout work will be missed.

I dunno who the frontrunner is - maybe Robinson - he's solid but he's not a jumper. That leans toward Quirk.

Can Browning step up to play 6 this season?

That's my wildcard! :D

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
It will be very interesting to see which one of our young backrowers stands up to be counted this year. I have to agree with the current sentiment, whoever can jump has an edge.

It seems that the Aussie teams are having a pretty solid pre-season. Hopefully that will translate into results, and we can enjoy a more competitive season than last.

Status
Not open for further replies.