• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I like it. As a few have speculated though, that video looks like it's been ready for a little while! ;) I'm stoked!

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
When he was playing for Ulster, I think he was 27. He will be a standout in next seasons club rugby and it was worth the QRU to encourage him to come home and have a crack. But he is not in the same league as Simmons, Horwill, AWH, Samo, Van Humphries

You watched him at ulster and you use this as your criticism.......right. If anything a he has been criticised for being to reliant on size and lacking finesse.
But each to their own criticisms I guess, but you don't really crack it as a tight five player in Ireland without physicality, it's kind of the go to thing.

T

TOCC

When he was playing for Ulster, I think he was 27. He will be a standout in next seasons club rugby and it was worth the QRU to encourage him to come home and have a crack. But he is not in the same league as Simmons, Horwill, AWH, Samo, Van Humphries

3 of those are regular Wallabies including the Captain... I dont think anyone is suggesting that Ed O'Donaghue is in the same league as them. He is however an experienced player who offers depth in a position which is critical and hard to find quick substitutes in the event of an injury.

To say he sucks isn't on, he may not be the worlds best lock but in terms of winning super rugby comp the Reds have used players who have previously been discards from other unions or labelled 'past-it'.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
All the reports are that he still will fight in Feb. These have all come from the QRU but. The ARU has been silent on the issue.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Looks like next seasons jersey is almost identical to this years apart from a special 130 years of the QRU logo.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Looks like next seasons jersey is almost identical to this years apart from a special 130 years of the QRU logo.

Sigh.... Here I was hoping that they'd actually remove that stupid white box behind the St George logo and blend it in with red background.

Guess I'll be wearing my QR 2010 jersey for another year!

Piggy

Bob McCowan (2)
I like it. As a few have speculated though, that video looks like it's been ready for a little while! ;) I'm stoked!

Is it just me or are there a nice couple of little digs thrown at the ARU to kick that video off...

although to be fair, simply an ad featuring their team list is enough to get you excited...

1. Holmes, 2. Fainga'a, 3. Slipper, 4. Horwill, 5. Simmons, 6. Schatz, 7. Gill, 8. Samo, 9. Lucas, 10. Cooper, 11. Shipperley, 12. Tapuai, 13. Fainga'a, 14. Ioane, 15. Morahan

16. Hanson, 17. Daley, 18. Owen, 19. Wallace-Harrison, 20. Robinson, 21. Frisby, 22. Harris, 23. F-Sautia

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Is Samo contracted for 2013? Surely the old players' home beckons, doesn't Link run the risk of keeping him a season too long? He's no Brad Thorn.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yep I believe Samo is still contracted. I don't know though, I like him being there. Yes he had a slow start to the season this year but even he put his hand up and said that he got lazy and wasn't fit enough. Since the mid point of the year he started to turn it around.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
All the reports are that he still will fight in Feb. These have all come from the QRU but. The ARU has been silent on the issue.

I read somewhere that it was for charity, the ARU would look like stooges if they stopped a charitable event.

Status
Not open for further replies.