• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
(Source - Same article quoted by Ignoto )
Plus Frisby is recovering from surgery apparently? I hadn't heard about that one. I guess that puts to rest the speculation about Lucas or Harris at 10. Lucas 9, Harris 10 I suppose.

Harris will have improved most facets of his game while in the Wallaby camp, just look at his improvement from FB at the reds to the Wobs in 6 months. He would have been third choice in the 10 jersey so will have spent some time training there. Not as worried about the 10 jersey should anything happen to QC (Quade Cooper).

T

TOCC

Massive blow for McDuling, the Tahs were asking for dispensation when Fitzpatrick did his ankle? So I guess if they are allowed then the Reds may be able to bring in a new lock..

They have Tom Murday and Ed O'Donghue in the Reds Academy as well.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Big Ed would be a fantastic option and would probably be chosen ahead of Enever if push came to shove however i would imagine that if they were allowed to bring ed in fulltime there would be a rule where Enever as an actual contracted player gets first crack

T

TOCC

He has his positive attributes, not many clubs have players of his experience in their squad providing depth

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Ed O'Donahue sucks

Is this playing the man?

Your ill informed but thats ok....he did get a bad wrap for his time at leinster but he had limited gametime behind a pair of handy locks but at ulster before that he was well liked and respected. At Wasps he was signed short term injury cover and did well but when their lock stocks were back to health he moved on.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
^ I also thought he did an adequate job when he was at the Reds in the Eddie Jones era.... as well as he could anyway.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Some good news though with Cooper set to sign with the ARU tomorrow.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...irish-lions-tour/story-e6frf55l-1226530933976

Did anybody seriously think there was going to be any other outcome? It's become a bit of a ritual with Quade when it comes to signing & most of it is fueled by media speculation.
I really don't think he'll be going anywhere until after the next World Cup at the least.
Lets hope he just keeps his tweets to a minimum, his nose clean & plays the house down & puts the doubters & haters back in their boxes!

T

TOCC

I was at the trial match in 2009 which was hosted at one of the local club rugby grounds and barely attracted 3'000...
Seems the expectations are a bit higher this time around

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Ed O'Donahue sucks

Ed O'Donoghue lacks the the physical impact in the contact zones and the natural rugby instincts/skills that is necessary to make it in Super Rugby, IMHO. He can be best described as a Rugby journeyman and perfectly suited to a Wider Training Squad Red College position, given age, experience and physical attribute co-ordinated giant.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Ed O'Donoghue lacks the the physical impact in the contact zones and the natural rugby instincts/skills that is necessary to make it in Super Rugby, IMHO. He can be best described as a Rugby journeyman and perfectly suited to a Wider Training Squad Red College position, given age, experience and physical attribute co-ordinated giant.

when was the last time you saw him play? when he was 19?

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
when was the last time you saw him play? when he was 19?
When he was playing for Ulster, I think he was 27. He will be a standout in next seasons club rugby and it was worth the QRU to encourage him to come home and have a crack. But he is not in the same league as Simmons, Horwill, AWH, Samo, Van Humphries

Status
Not open for further replies.