• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

A 32yr old ex-reds player who has been coached by Richard Graham and provides corporate support to the Reds. Oh, one who also stays in touch with current Reds players..

All seems a bit too convenient

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
As a Ex Reds player who has been coached by RG and still keep in regular contact with many current Reds players I can tell you with certainty that the feeling within the Reds in particularly bad, reminds me of back in 2006/2007. A recent comment made to me was "players dont know what the current game plan is and don't know how they are meant to be playing" as well as a complete lack of structure, 2nd worst defence in the comp and lack on commitment shown on the field. This in my opinion, it's blatantly obviously that the coaching is to blame. Leaving guys like Gill on the bench is criminal, and to a player let JJ (winger) wear a Reds Jersey let alone start is beyond me. Reds administration it totally the blame here, with his winning record as head coach at Force was bad enough, but to have a championship team and coach them to the bottom of the table is a truly special achievement. Unless there is change to reds staff, both admin and coaching, I don't think I will be renewing my corporate support.
Just on Gill, he has been fit for most of the season, yet Graham has him sit on the bench.

There were times that he WAS fully fit, but Graham kept him playing for Sunnybank.

Absolute joke, no wonder he wants to leave if Graham is still there next season.

I'd argue that Gill is our best forward when seeing regular time (or at least on par with Slipper), and yet Graham ignores him for most of the season.

T

Train Without a Station

I'd argue Beau has been one of our best also, and that gill had an indifferent start to the season. That being said, Beau, Gill and Browning should have been 3 of the 4 loosies in the 23 whenever all were fit.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
As a Ex Reds player who has been coached by RG and still keep in regular contact with many current Reds players I can tell you with certainty that the feeling within the Reds in particularly bad, reminds me of back in 2006/2007. A recent comment made to me was "players dont know what the current game plan is and don't know how they are meant to be playing" as well as a complete lack of structure, 2nd worst defence in the comp and lack on commitment shown on the field. This in my opinion, it's blatantly obviously that the coaching is to blame. Leaving guys like Gill on the bench is criminal, and to a player let JJ (winger) wear a Reds Jersey let alone start is beyond me. Reds administration it totally the blame here, with his winning record as head coach at Force was bad enough, but to have a championship team and coach them to the bottom of the table is a truly special achievement. Unless there is change to reds staff, both admin and coaching, I don't think I will be renewing my corporate support.

Deareast Ex-player,

articulate post - you must have been a pretty boy out in the backs with mirror and combe in pocket to write so well.

actually agree with most of your post

Ex-Player

Frank Row (1)
A 32yr old ex-reds player who has been coached by Richard Graham and provides corporate support to the Reds. Oh, one who also stays in touch with current Reds players..

All seems a bit too convenient

RG also coached the Force and was a skills coach under Robbie Deans for 2010 remember to. Corporate support in the form of a corporate box! There just needs to be a change as link used to say" you can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result". Also heard a rumour today, a starting Reds back row player set to leave.

T

tranquility

no wonder he wants to leave if Graham is still there next season.

Where has it been mentioned that Gill is looking to leave? If this is true, RG needs to be removed tomorrow. Gill would have to be one of the most QLD proud players in the squad, and a future captain. For him to want to leave is very telling, if true of course.

T

Train Without a Station

For him to be so short sighted that he would want to leave if graham is at the reds in 2015 is concerning about him too

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
No way would the reds consider letting Gill go.

I seem to recall Graham rushing Gill back from injury for the Blues game in order to rescue the season - all to no avail of course.

That would suggest to me that Graham must hold Gill in some pretty high esteem.

I don't want Graham anywhere near the reds at all (he can fuck right off this very second thank you very much), but I doubt he would be crazy enough to be anti-Gill.

The guy I am most concerned about is Quade. He has repeatedly bit his lip regarding anything to do with RG (and even pointedly omitted him in his 100 games speech where he all but thanked everyone else on the planet).

Anyone that attends the matches can see in the warm ups that very few of the players respond well to Richard, but Quade so often has his back turned away whenever RG talks, I can't help but feel that he wants out.

T

Train Without a Station

Richard Graham is almost a certainty for 2015. I'd be worried about any so called "loyal" player signing somewhere next year without any indication graham will be there for any longer. Career's are short but of you can't suck it up and do your best with what you have for 1 year, how much do you really believe in the cause?

Now if RG is re-signed next year though, all bets are off.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Robinson isn't anywhere near Gill's ability as a breakaway. Problem is Gilly has a problem keeping his mouth closed. In saying that RG/coach should be professional enough to handle it especially if it's right. Hopefully with the chats last week there will be a lot of stuff players could get off their chest and the board can make a decision on how much time RG has in 2015. If any.

Just on Ex-player couldn't agree more on JJ. It must be hard if you were an ex player for a Reds back line watching that bloke pretend he plays for Qld rather than himself.

T

tranquility

Richard Graham is almost a certainty for 2015. I'd be worried about any so called "loyal" player signing somewhere next year without any indication graham will be there for any longer. Career's are short but of you can't suck it up and do your best with what you have for 1 year, how much do you really believe in the cause?

Now if RG is re-signed next year though, all bets are off.

Kind of a double edge sword though. Because if they play well, and are successful the coach stays. Sooo.

T

Train Without a Station

Robinson isn't anywhere near Gill's ability as a breakaway. Problem is Gilly has a problem keeping his mouth closed. In saying that RG/coach should be professional enough to handle it especially if it's right. Hopefully with the chats last week there will be a lot of stuff players could get off their chest and the board can make a decision on how much time RG has in 2015. If any.

Just on Ex-player couldn't agree more on JJ. It must be hard if you were an ex player for a Reds back line watching that bloke pretend he plays for Qld rather than himself.

Gill isn't anywhere near beau's physicality, hard running and hitting, which is what we are lacking.

Gill is a better player, but just saying Beau isn't chopped liver. Was good enough to win a title with after all.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
On performances in 2014 of the boys that are staying:
RG must be very happy with Simmons and Slipper.
RG would be OK with Quade, Holmes, Kerevi,Chibba, Horwill, Gill, Robbo and Shatzy Frisby, Taps.Turner
He would be less impressed with Genia, Saia and Ant, JJ (who), Daley

T

Train Without a Station

Has been impressed with JJ enough to keep fucking picking him

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
JJ is very talented but he needs just so much more work before he should be considered for the 14 jersey let alone the 15 slot.

I had the same feeling at the start of the season after watching him play for University, but sheesh he really is not up to it.

I know he's young, and he's got talent, but he was horrible all season. Fair enough give him another season to prove himself, but in no way is he a starting (or even bench) player.

Status
Not open for further replies.