• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

He played Top 14 Scrubber. During the 2010/2011 season I believe.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I didn't get to watch it but I have recorded it to watch later.
The clean out theory has been one of the most popular and I'll say this.
1. The admin clearly have faith in RG.
2. RG will be the coach for 2015 and is being given a go with his own roster.
3. It's all well and good having a clean out but only if it better players or players better suited to a winning program are gained in the process.
4. If RG doesn't get quick results with his own roster then we will be in a very tricky situation organisationally.

The biggest concern for me is that we lose all of these players and end up with either a player who is a bit of an unknown (Hunt?) or a player who destabilises the group and then fucks off again (JOC (James O'Connor)) or both. And then there's no plan B.

Of course if it works the guy is a genius but the results to date and the lack of transparency with regard to recruitment make it hard to keep the faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mystery of course, Scoey, is what that roster will be. If it turns out to be only young players coming up from the Academy or local comp, I don't think there will be much improvement from this year's results.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hunt was a ver4y good schoolboy.
Hunt was an unbelievably talented and tough rugby league player

The fact is that he hasn't played rugby for about 10 / 11 years. The unknown (irrefutable at this stage) is how valuable he is / will be in rugby.

is Is he worth chasing with a fistfull of dollars or should we be targeting others ????

He played rugby union in 2010.

D

daz

Most would agree that JOC (James O'Connor) is a very very good footballer
Reds need a player of his quality
The challenge will be potential mis-behaviour off the field.
IF, he comes, am sure Carmichael will take a keen personal interest and am equally confident that JOC (James O'Connor) would realise that the "lifeline" is dependant upon performance, on and off the field

My source in the UK says that JOC (James O'Connor) has been exemplary both on and off the field during his time at London Irish. Nothing but good reports.

T

Train Without a Station

I can't believe he would be anything but great.

He was always a great talent. His time in AFL will after re-adjusting to Rugby/RL only improve him as a player.

He already had a good kicking game, knew when to kick and could kick tactically well. Now time in AFL will have only improve the ability of that kicking.

His endurance will have improved even greater. Will take time for him to get the fitness for repeated contact back though as that knocks it out of you when you are used to running without the resistance of running into something.

He will have developed great 360 awareness too due to his time in AFL. Whilst not a critical skill it will be beneficial, especially the improved peripheral vision.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
My source in the UK says that JOC (James O'Connor) has been exemplary both on and off the field during his time at London Irish. Nothing but good reports.
If this was true and able to be demonstrated then JOC (James O'Connor)'s value goes up markedly. That talent without the crap would be worth chasing hard.
If on the other hand Daz, you are just planting a seed for Reds HQ to hopefully pick up in an effort to undermine them because you know full well how damaging the little upstart is then I say, well played that man. And thanks but no thanks! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: daz

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
He played Top 14 Scrubber. During the 2010/2011 season I believe.

He was over there for like 3-4 months and started a Top 14 Final, at 10 I believe. There's also a hilarious clip and him slapping a ball out of play in the try-zone (the done thing in league) and having a penalty try awarded against him. Lol.

Point is, he played 10 in the 2nd best league in the world and performed to a very good standard in a short amount of time. AFL to Union would be a lot harder than League to Union, but I'd back him on a 2 year contract to become Super Rugby standard, and I wouldn't bet against him to be more.

Reactions: daz

Wilson

David Codey (61)
He was over there for like 3-4 months and started a Top 14 Final, at 10 I believe. There's also a hilarious clip and him slapping a ball out of play in the try-zone (the done thing in league) and having a penalty try awarded against him. Lol.

Point is, he played 10 in the 2nd best league in the world and performed to a very good standard in a short amount of time. AFL to Union would be a lot harder than League to Union, but I'd back him on a 2 year contract to become Super Rugby standard, and I wouldn't bet against him to be more.

I think he mostly played in the centres and was playing 13 in the final, but otherwise the point stands. If it was worth taking a punt on Folau then doing the same for Hunt is a no brainer.

T

Train Without a Station

Yeah exactly. Hunt is considerably less of a risk than Folau was due to his schoolboy background and the fact that he has successfully played a number of positions in top flight professional rugby also.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

My UK Deep Throat said there was an incident on the last night prior to the EOYT team flying back to Australia.

Anyway, whats done is done.

If he comes back and plays for the Reds he will have my full support unless shit happens

D

daz

If on the other hand Daz, you are just planting a seed for Reds HQ to hopefully pick up in an effort to undermine them because you know full well how damaging the little upstart is then I say, well played that man. And thanks but no thanks! :D

No need for me to plant any seeds at Reds HQ. My recruiting boys have already swept through your player orchard and picked up quite a bit of low hanging fruit!

I'll let you have JOC (James O'Connor) as a personal favour!

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
No need for me to plant any seeds at Reds HQ. My recruiting boys have already swept through your player orchard and picked up quite a bit of low hanging fruit!

I'll let you have JOC (James O'Connor) as a personal favour!

Maybe the Harris + Dom + whatever low level fruit was a trade for McMahon? ;)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Perhaps. But the ripe fruit is nearer the bottom, where it has grown and had time to develop longer.

And I have a feeling I should move away from using fruit as an analogy for rugby players.

;)
Not to put the Rebels down but you did just take half of the most dysfunctional backline in Super Rugby... I'm not sure teams will be shaking in there boots over Ships, Harris next season... Even though Harris has been one the Reds best..

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.