• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't expect coaches to be telling the media their starting line up just yet. Wait for the trial. Wait for injuries. He'll play 15 I suspect, but I think Special K will have time there too.

I still think K will start in the centres but much will depend when Goromaru turns up and what state he is in.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I spoke to the Reds today and they said my "Christmas Membership" should arrive by the 18th of January. If it has not arrived then call them.

I was charged for the membership and members hat on 9/12/2015!

The membership count is at 14891 as of this afternoon with hope of 52000 members for this season.

We are a long way from that number.

Still no membership!

Spoke to the Reds this morning and they told me there must have been an issue with the post.

I was thinking that on the 6th Jan when I last spoke to them.

New expected time of arrival is end of next week.

They also told me there has been issues with quite a few memberships and they are investigating.

T

TOCC

Strange, mine arrived a week after I ordered it(just before Xmas).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Strange, mine arrived a week after I ordered it(just before Xmas).

Mine took ages. Got a SMS that it had been posted on 22nd December, but didn't arrive until about the 15th Jan. Didn't include the lapel pin though.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Mine took ages. Got a SMS that it had been posted on 22nd December, but didn't arrive until about the 15th Jan. Didn't include the lapel pin though.
I also got the SMS on the 22nd but nothing arrived so they're sending again next week.

Only 2 more weekends until we have actual rugby to discuss! Bring it on!

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Mine arrived before X-mas though there was quite a delay between signing ip and receiving it in the post . 3 weeks maybe?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I just got an email saying they conducted an audit and have now confirmed that my packs never left the depot even though i got an sms message saying they had.

I would say they were kicking over boxes and found a whole mess of packs never sent.

All's well that ends well although I suspect i'll get another email in a few weeks confirming the outcome of a subsequent audit confirming they still have not sent it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I just got an email saying they conducted an audit and have now confirmed that my packs never left the depot even though i got an sms message saying they had.

I would say they were kicking over boxes and found a whole mess of packs never sent.

All's well that ends well although I suspect i'll get another email in a few weeks confirming the outcome of a subsequent audit confirming they still have not sent it.

I just got the same email, I never received any contact from the Reds that it had been delivered.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Thanks for posting the link TOCC. They'll need a never say die attitude this year but more than anything they'll need to score tries to get fans and themselves to believe again. I remember in Jones time, the reds never lay down but couldn't get across the line. It was not a good time. Mooney and Link got the Reds scoring tries again and that snowballed into sucess.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I agree with the basic premises that the Reds need to score more RT. But I have a different recollection of the Reds time with Jones. Not that my memory is always reliable - but I distinctly remember there being times when I thought there was a lack of effort from the players under Jones. Likewise, whilst Mooney did great things with there attack, the levels of effort were patchy and it seemed to me that the big thing Link bought to the squad was discipline and commitment to go with the flair.

Two big things disappointed me from the players last year. There was a distinct lack of effort from the players in kick chase and a terrible lack of discipline. I feel the players have to accept some accountability for this, but I was scratching my head wondering how the coaching staff let it continue week after week.

Any moves to improve fitness, discipline and commitment are very welcomed from me.

Reactions: dru

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
TSR, I agree with your comments. I think if we play more ball in hand (without Genia's constant "give away possession" up and unders) we may be able to retain possession and play some rugby. Nobody really chased the up & unders and we ended up on the defence.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
TSR, I agree with your comments. I think if we play more ball in hand (without Genia's constant "give away possession" up and unders) we may be able to retain possession and play some rugby. Nobody really chased the up & unders and we ended up on the defence.

That was our biggest problem during the Miller-Jones era - our backline never backed theirselves, and kicked away possession. That and our blokes didn't/couldn't trust each other in defence.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ .... But yet Peter Playford and the Sydney Stars (NRC 2015 version) made the semi finals, and some would say that they came within a Ballymore Plover's attack of making the finals. Their game plan seemed based on kicking the ball to the bad guys, and aggressively contesting possession.

If correctly executed, the field possession game isn't as boring as batshit, and it can be reasonably successful. It does need an iron wall defence, which the 2015 Sydney Stars were not particularly good at.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I agree with the basic premises that the Reds need to score more RT. But I have a different recollection of the Reds time with Jones. Not that my memory is always reliable - but I distinctly remember there being times when I thought there was a lack of effort from the players under Jones. Likewise, whilst Mooney did great things with there attack, the levels of effort were patchy and it seemed to me that the big thing Link bought to the squad was discipline and commitment to go with the flair.

Two big things disappointed me from the players last year. There was a distinct lack of effort from the players in kick chase and a terrible lack of discipline. I feel the players have to accept some accountability for this, but I was scratching my head wondering how the coaching staff let it continue week after week.

Any moves to improve fitness, discipline and commitment are very welcomed from me.

I was thinking more at the start of the Jones journey. he had the boys playing a really tough tight sort of game (the 3 all draw with the Ponies was a brutal encounter). it was not a successful recipe, There were heaps of injuries, he lost the dressing shed and the season had descended into farce by ANZAC day. As you say, effort, discipline and commitment are king, be nice to see them turn it into tries.

Reactions: TSR
Status
Not open for further replies.