• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I guess at least we would get news abut scrums, since you guys in NSW go uncontested, I imagine you only get stories abut the backs

After watching that Waratahs game I hope the Reds keep the next batch of young front rowers and Stiles for some time.

The front row stocks are low across the boarder and having seen the Brumbs lock up Sio & Ala'alatoa. It's important we don't lose any of our own, actually it's vital we don't!!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
gog and magog were assyrian gods/land/people ( can't remmeber which) mentioned in the old testament (ezekiel and revelations).
also two statues in an Arcade in Melbourne.
i don't think Marto is in anyway related - but could be.
Gog and Magog were also two characters in the brilliant Prince of Thorns trilogy by fantasy Author Mark Lawrence. If you like a gritty anti hero you'll love the chief protagonist, Jorg.

I know this post seems off topic, but it'll be important tomorrow night when all of you Reds supporters are looking for something to read when you've given up on Rugby after being pantsed by the Michael Foley coached Force.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Took a good look at the Tah defensive work last night. Brumbies were frequently forced very deep, Lea 10m+ behind and To'omua further. Defense pushing them back each ruck until the forwards got some go-forward.

I'm wondering if some of us were too harsh in our assessment of Red 9-10-12 last week.

Tah rush defence really is good.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe if it had just happened last week. But we did it all of last year too and in each of the trials. I haven't seen any sign yet that it is going to be a successful strategy.

T

TOCC

All last year and in the trial matches against the Crusaders and Brumbies...

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think tonight is the night that decides the season and possibly the coach.

If we lose we will be a game behind the Tahs and two behind the Brumbies. (apologies to Force and Rebels fans for not considering you)

In short this means to make the finals we will need to be two games better than the tahs and three games better than the Brumbies to make the finals. (If Australia have two teams qualify). I do not think we are this good.

If we lose then I think RG will be gone this week.

This is a must win even though it is two weeks into the season.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not exactly Reds rugby related but there's new a Ribs'n'Rumps on non-XXXX side of Milton Station.

Tap beers are $5 from 4-6pm which has worked out well for me today.

Food good too. Unless you're vegetarian.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
As much as it would be a dream, I just can't see RG sacked until his friends on the board are cleaned out.

It's farcical, plenty of coaches with better winning ratios have been sacked. That's before we even mention he took on a team that had been in the finals for the previous three years, including a premiership.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Interesting that Marto was claiming that the Reds coaches aren't getting along. Nothing very surprising, but interesting none the less.

Was was surprising was Marto saying Graham shouldn't be sacked.

Anyone get to see the presser? Who did Graham blame this time?

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
After seeing some comments after last week's game, I watched McIntyre closely tonight. In the first half I just started counting how many times he took the ball, took steps sideways and then passed without being any sort of threat in the 10 channel and drawing no defenders. I stopped at eight and decided to take more definitive stats in the second half. In the 41st minute he ran a diagonal and passed early drawing no defenders. Next touch was a kick out of the 22. In the 43rd minute he had three touches - twice running sideways to his left and passing after a couple of steps (no threat to the defenders) and one bomb. In the 45th and 50th minute the Reds tried threatening the 10 channel twice off lineouts but used Hunt on both occasions with McIntyre not involved. In the 57th minute he ran a diagonal and passed to Kerevi who was under pressure as the defence just bypassed McIntyre (I think the orce analysis of last week saw that he posed little or no threat running in the 10 channel). He also tried a couple of kicks. In the 61st minute he ran a diagonal line again with an early pass committing no defenders to him. The 63rd minute saw the poor grubber directly into the Force players legs. The 64th minute he ran a diagonal and threw a reasonable pass but then followed it up with a touch in the 65th minute where he went sideways to the left again creating nothing but time for the defence to take space. In the 74th minute he ran it to the line for the first time in the game and created a small threat in the 10 channel. Sadly this was the only occasion. He finished off in the 78th minute with two touches - one sideways left and the next sideways right. Even Greg Martin was able to see it and he is pretty hopeless as an analyst. Just about every other Super Rugby team has a 10 who can go to the line and create threats - or at least draw defenders. Tonight Lance did it a number of times. Frisby was not the problem. His game was quite good and his passing was fine. If we can't find a good 10 or coach the 10s we have to be able to attack the line and create options, then we can expect to lose a lot more games.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Forget about any of the players on the field, how can the QRU stand by after seeing how many fans were in the stands? They're now approaching 07/08 levels and it won't be long before their bottom dollar will dip into the red. So it makes you wonder, why are you holding onto the status quo.

Surely KPI's aren't Being met anywhere that is expected by your Head Coach?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
pretty harsh I reckon. Having a go at someone for "only" playing 9 tests? It was the amateur age and he played a British Lions series (scored 2 tries in 3 tests), and that famous series v the French later that year when Timmy and Jason first played together.

9 is around the same as Illie Tabua, Ross Reynolds and Tony Darcy. All legit Wallabies. Plus it discounts the many Wallaby tours he went on when he did get capped, and his 65 games for the Reds. Writing him off because he played 'fuckall' tests is ignorance to the max. Kafer only played 12. Buddha Handy only played 6. How many did Clarke and Bray play?

As for being saying "dumb shit all the time" I actually think he's doing a pretty darn good job on Rugby 360 or whatever its called.

As for what your "mate" reckons, that has slightly less relevance than how many tests a guy plays as a determinant to being an 'expert'

Marto was a bloody good full back. I also understand a cancer battle cut short a lot of his rugby career. I don't particularly like him but I respect anyone who has faced down a battle like that. It takes an enormous amount of guts and character to fight through that.

As for saying dumb shit, at very least he puts his face and his real name to what he says unlike a keyboard warrier in internet land.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I left the game and got home just In time for luke to score.
Interesting Inside goss from Marto, the coaches are not getting along at all.
Another painful year...

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Gog and Magog were also two characters in the brilliant Prince of Thorns trilogy by fantasy Author Mark Lawrence. If you like a gritty anti hero you'll love the chief protagonist, Jorg.

I know this post seems off topic, but it'll be important tomorrow night when all of you Reds supporters are looking for something to read when you've given up on Rugby after being pantsed by the Michael Foley coached Force.
In one memorable scene, Jorg cuts off the head of a companion so he can use it as a projectile to throw at an enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.