• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
The Reds put up plenty of social media stuff regularly, their twitter feed has 13 posts in December alone.

The issue is that basically none of it is of the actual professional players on the field. Los of good stuff on the women and juniors, and flogging merch and memberships

Linebreaker

Allen Oxlade (6)
What impact does constantly uploading stuff to instagram really have anyway? Personally I’m trying to get off the platform because it’s full of sycophantic wantrepeneurs

I think Mercedes Benz, Emirates & Sony probably would disagree with that.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The Reds put up plenty of social media stuff regularly, their twitter feed has 13 posts in December alone.

The issue is that basically none of it is of the actual professional players on the field. Los of good stuff on the women and juniors, and flogging merch and memberships

Which suggests that it has nothing to do with funds but is an Actual strategy by the head coach.

By the way I agree with How well the Reds do over social media for grassroots, NRC, QPR and women’s rugby. Every franchise should do the same.

B

Bobby Sands

What is everyone talking about?

What money, to have internal staff take photos?

It’s not ad agency stuff. A mobile phone will do. It’s what every afl club does, but I guess they have a Coen brothers budget to make insta stories.

The reds are a mockery, hold them to account.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
What is everyone talking about?

What money, to have internal staff take photos?

It’s not ad agency stuff. A mobile phone will do. It’s what every afl club does, but I guess they have a Coen brothers budget to make insta stories.

The reds are a mockery, hold them to account.

This^^

It’s great that they do a heap of grassroots stuff but at the end of the day it’s a Queensland reds page no a Queensland rugby union page, they’re ignoring their core

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Which suggests that it has nothing to do with funds but is an Actual strategy by the head coach.

By the way I agree with How well the Reds do over social media for grassroots, NRC, QPR and women’s rugby. Every franchise should do the same.

It indeed looks like a strategy, not a good one. They’ve posted 4 times in the last 5 hours, way too often, and they’ve posted outside of peak viewership times which either means thy aren’t very smart or they don’t give a fuck about the posts and are just doing it for the sake of them. I tend to think it’s the latter

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
I see on their social media that the Reds are having an open training session and junior clinic/fan meet and greet up the Sunshine Coast next Thursday, 13th December. Someone needs to point out to Brad that state schools are still at school until the 14th.

B

Bobby Sands

Just saw Perese defintely gone. Next.

Just watched the Oz U18s game, and Reesjan Pasitoa (current Nudgee year 11 flyhalf) is incredible. He usurped Reds academy 10, Carter Gordon, and will be signed shortly in some capacity I would imagine.

Very assured in attack, one kick out on the full the exception, but also hits like a sledgehammer in defense and has good technique.

No 6, Luke Reimer also looks very good.

Young ex IGS wing Villiami Lea has some chops too.

MOM probably fullback John Connolly (nickname, carpals).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Weird story to make a meal of. Hasn't he been banging on about leaving for ages?

Is he even that good?

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Just saw Perese defintely gone. Next.

Just watched the Oz U18s game, and Reesjan Pasitoa (current Nudgee year 11 flyhalf) is incredible. He usurped Reds academy 10, Carter Gordon, and will be signed shortly in some capacity I would imagine.

Very assured in attack, one kick out on the full the exception, but also hits like a sledgehammer in defense and has good technique.

No 6, Luke Reimer also looks very good.

Young ex IGS wing Villiami Lea has some chops too.

MOM probably fullback John Connolly (nickname, carpals).

Reimer was exceptional, really got under their skin.
Connolly is still really young (was selected as GPS 1st 10 in year 10 shortly after joining Kings). He has another year to go and hopefully we will see him have a run at 10 , from all reports he is something special.

B

Bobby Sands

Reimer was exceptional, really got under their skin.
Connolly is still really young (was selected as GPS 1st 10 in year 10 shortly after joining Kings). He has another year to go and hopefully we will see him have a run at 10 , from all reports he is something special.

If that is the case, knock me Sally.

Where did he come from?

However for context all the QLD players are the same age as Connolly.

Pasitoa is 16 & starting Oz 10. Let’s not let the Saders get this one.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Agree Pasitoa and Connolly were two of the best. Thought the 7 was again very strong, couple of turnovers at crucial times that took momentum away from the Irish when they were looking threatening. Reimer strong also , but gave away a few penalties, the 7 & 8 were stand outs for me. Both a year out of school, might not be long before the "Schoolboys" tag disappears and they are just Aussie U18s.

Pasitoa plays very direct, can get over the advantage line himself if nothing else on , think time playing 12 has helped there, in very trying conditions playing square opened up a little more space in the outside channels, and his defence is rock solid.

Connolly a very talented footballer . Was player of the U16 National Champs last year on the GC after being initially picked on the bench for NSW 1 , but played most of the Champs at 12 . Playing 15 at present , love the way he attacks the ball in broken play, always look likely to create something with the ball. Haven't seen him play 10, but think he would handle that very well indeed.

Both have a year to go at school , look forward to seeing their progression.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Reg, do you know what the background to the Perese departure was? I know it has been talked about for a while but was it that he just preferred to go back to league or had some falling out in rugby? I liked him as a player and apart from his injuries he seemed to be getting the opportunities and making the most of them.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
I read an article (can’t remember where) that he is only signed to redcliff who is the feeder club but will train with the broncos for a full time contract in 2020, if this is true seems like a very backwards step

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Just curious, on the front page Teti Tela is listed as contracted & then listed as gone. Then there's no mention of young Jayden Ngamanu, a young man with oodles of talent, contracted this year but has apparently moved on or not had his contract renewed? According to a Fox Sports article on player movements. Anyone know anything?