• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I know shit has gone down with the Picone 3 (Rodda, Hockings and Lucas), and wonder if Cordingley and Thorn would bite their pride and keep the doors open? Big ask but we really need a big lock. If there’s chatter about Hockings wanting to return, then I hope communication is open. Rodda was the star of Super Rugby AU on the weekend and was the force (excuse the pun) behind the team’s start in 2022. Not sure where Hocking’s skills are at, but I’m sure there has been improvement and it’s a position we need great improvement.
That brings me to Carter Gordon. The Rebels have dropped him to the bench this week, so maybe there’s some unrest in Melbourne. The kid should not have left and continued his development with patience. JOC (James O'Connor) is not our answer at flyhalf and will never be. We have signed Lynagh with a good show against the Force for 20 mins, but the next game in Roma was a different showing. He’s still some time off. Gordon is a talented flyhalf with more vision and potential that any other in AU. His contract is up at the end of 2022 (confirmed). Do we bring him home even though he left unfavourably? We know JOC (James O'Connor) isn’t sticking around after 2023, and from what I’m seeing his already behind the pack.
Lynagh didn’t play in Roma

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Who? I only see his name on the liabilities of the balance sheet.
Equity but diminishing equity. Unfortunately his injuries is making this a potential liability
Wonder if the Tahs were chasing Frost at all. Surely would have been a great pick up for them.

Aware this isn't reds related but continuing on from original discussion re LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Hockings
Lousy tahs fault for frost going to japan

Last edited:

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
1) because its easier to shout from the stands - I distinctly remember games back at Ballymore in the early 80s, supporters yelling out "Red Red Red"
2) because its cardinal red (https://www.colorcombos.com/colors/BD2031) not maroon
Thorny calls it maroon!
Go the mighty Maroons!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
“ The Reds will be without co-captain Liam Wright (shoulder) and centre Hunter Paisami (knee), while Thorn said flying winger Suliasi Vunivalu's return from repeated hamstring strains could come within a month.”

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Wright back too I assume?

And any Mafi concerns?
When they were interviewing Thorn after the match he talked about loosing Tupou before the game, loosing Tate and loosing Mafi at halftime, so he might be under an injury cloud. I really hope not, hooker stocks are looking particularly bare.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
If Scott-Young is injured he might come straight into 6, but probably only if Tate is fit or Wright is still injured. Otherwise I do think there is a case for sticking with his impact off the bench.