• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Which one Adam? FF (Folau Fainga'a) is over-rated and has poor discipline, LL is too young and too small to be effective, McInerney is just club standard, and Pollard is years away from realising his potential. Must be some better hookers in Hospital Cup, surely? :rolleyes:

EDIT : very bad news for Alex. Hoping his recovery all goes well.

I don’t disagree, but it would help McKellar justify their wallaby selection if they’re actually playing Super Rugby.

Joke aside, if they are legitimately the best hookers in Australia reflecting this test selection last year, then Australian Rugby would be better off them actually getting Super Rugby game time.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Which one Adam? FF (Folau Fainga'a) is over-rated and has poor discipline, LL is too young and too small to be effective, McInerney is just club standard, and Pollard is years away from realising his potential. Must be some better hookers in Hospital Cup, surely? :rolleyes:

EDIT : very bad news for Alex. Hoping his recovery all goes well.
Finally a believable post from a Brumby's fan!

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Do it’s just Faessler and Nasser left? And I guess Blake??

Any Magpies on here with eyes on Sean Farrell? I heard he was reverting back to hooker for 2022.

Maile leaving GPS for France came at a bad time, I reckon he would have been next cab off the ranks as mentioned by a few people already.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
It’s situations like the hooker issue at the Reds where the QPR season starting so much later than Super Rugby is quite bothersome.

Ideally, the Reds would be looking at 1st grade and picking the bloke who’s performed the best and bring him into the squad right now, but they haven’t even played any trials!

Not doubting that Nasser and Faessler can hold down the fort. But it would be nice to have some eyes on blokes who are doing the job at club level.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Vunivalu had hamstring issues during his NRL career but was able to manage them, playing 111 games and scoring 86 tries and last week expressed concern over the training workload expected of him.

"You go from league to union in that position you're kicking the footy, there's a lot of running around and supporting in defence," Thorn said.

"It is a different game. Every time things change you've got to be careful. It's not what we want."
Jordan Petaia doesn't kick the ball too much on the wing, surely he will be expected to kick more often with 15 on his back?

It seems odd to me that if Thorn believes that kicking can cause hamstring problems that you would move Jordan to a position that will place even more stress on his hamstrings.

Fingers crossed he lasts the game, I guess at least we are luck to have the in form 15 playing on the wing if he has to go off.