• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Let's be honest here; it's far too early to make a definite call about Vunivalu at this stage, as he simply hasn't spent enough time on the field.

He's obviously a great athlete but his awareness is still lacking- he really just needs to start playing some consistent rugby.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Let's be honest here; it's far too early to make a definite call about Vunivalu at this stage, as he simply hasn't spent enough time on the field.

He's obviously a great athlete but his awareness is still lacking- he really just needs to start playing some consistent rugby.

It'll be interesting to see if they send Vunivalu to club land after the TT is done.

From a Wests perspective, a backline with Moses + the Gordon brothers + Droasese + Vunivalu would be unstoppable.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
It'll be interesting to see if they send Vunivalu to club land after the TT is done.

From a Wests perspective, a backline with Moses + the Gordon brothers + Droasese + Vunivalu would be unstoppable.

I expect he'll be up with the wallabies squad, particularly if Petaia and Muirhead are both injured/coming back from injury

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I wonder what teams will be put on the field for the last 3 weeks of TT?

We cannot win the competition so have to think about who plays each week, it is a chance to blood young players or players who need exposure without risking our chances for the title.

We also have Wallabies players who could benefit from a good rest prior to national duties and this may mean that they come back to the Reds next year in better condition that Wallabies from other Super AU teams is they don't get a rest.

I would love to see some significant changes to the team with a mind to next year. The 2020 and 2021 Super AU seasons proved that Tupou can play 80 minutes but I get worried that his backups don't get enough time on the park.

Hopefully we get to see some new players

dru

Tim Horan (67)

We cannot win the competition so have to think about who plays each week, it is a chance to blood young players or players who need exposure without risking our chances for the title.

We also have Wallabies players who could benefit from a good rest prior to national duties and this may mean that they come back to the Reds next year in better condition that Wallabies from other Super AU teams is they don't get a rest.

I would love to see some significant changes to the team with a mind to next year. The 2020 and 2021 Super AU seasons proved that Tupou can play 80 minutes but I get worried that his backups don't get enough time on the park.

If this is the sum respect we have for the TT, why are we in it? Put the strongest team out, with an improved and stronger strategy, or why are we here?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

I hate the idea of resting players, these players are hardly playing a heavy workload compared to International standards, and lets be brutally honest they need actual practice against the physicality and intensity which New Zealand teams to bring them up to the standard required for test level.

There's 4 weeks between the last super rugby game and the July test matches, and then a further 3 week break between the July test and the first Bledisloe. Plenty of time for rest, in fact theres probably too much rest.

Not to mention they owe it to the sponsors, broadcasters and fans to play the best team possible. We whinge about crowds and tv ratings, resting the top players and putting out poor performances wont help that.

I don't think there has been any shortage of blooding new players this season as it is.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Anything less than our best possible team each week would be a slap in the face to those who have organised and paid to broadcast the TT.

Even our best starting team would still be young and green enough to be considered a developing team , hopefully they learn what it takes to compete against some of the best . We might not get asked back otherwise.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
This is the time of year that contract signing occur. What’s happening with:
Matt Faessler
Feao Fotuaika
Dane Zander
Ben Grant
Liam Wright
Angus Scott-Young
Seru Uru
Sam Wallis
Moses Sorovi
Bryce Hegarty
Lawson Creighton
Isaac Henry

Also, any promotions within the Academy or new comers? I heard Hockings is looking to come home.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
This is the time of year that contract signing occur. What’s happening with:
Matt Faessler
Feao Fotuaika
Dane Zander
Ben Grant
Liam Wright
Angus Scott-Young
Seru Uru
Sam Wallis
Moses Sorovi
Bryce Hegarty
Lawson Creighton
Isaac Henry

Also, any promotions within the Academy or new comers? I heard Hockings is looking to come home.
Uru has to be the no.1 priority there.

Wright is class but McReight is next level, which means he plays 6 but I think ASY (Angus Scott-Young) is a better foil for the team.

Would be surprised if you keep all 3 of Wright, Uru and ASY (Angus Scott-Young)

Personally I’d prioritize Uru and keep the cheaper option of ASY (Angus Scott-Young)

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Uru has to be the no.1 priority there.

Wright is class but McReight is next level, which means he plays 6 but I think ASY (Angus Scott-Young) is a better foil for the team.

Would be surprised if you keep all 3 of Wright, Uru and ASY (Angus Scott-Young)

Personally I’d prioritize Uru and keep the cheaper option of ASY (Angus Scott-Young)
The Force, it seems is on a spending spree so ‘possibly’ watch this space. Holy dooley. I don’t want to lose any of the above and let’s hope good discussion with Thorn are keeping our talent here.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Remind me , are both Lynagh boys coming ?

If so , how many development fly halves do you carry ?
Funny you ask as I heard on Saturday both, but thought he was misinformed, but maybe not. The young one is a flyhalf and the eldest usually plays fullback. Both would be great. You’ve also got Taj from BBC who is to play inside centre this year.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Literally just received a text saying Harry Vella is signed with Brumbies in 2022. F@&k!!

Good for him.

Hasn’t he been kicking around mostly in reserve grade

I have seen him named in a couple of brothers premier lineups … But can’t fault the kid for using the QPR as a stepping stone. Especially when there’s other front row options ahead of him at the filth.