• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
For me a development xv should have a selection criteria of age. ie sub 24 year olds as these are the fellas we want to improve and get a few more years out of in the future.
That said, I think Sef Fa'agase at 31 would be better replaced with another up and comer. I do love what Sef has done and continues to do though.

I’d disagree, this isn’t an age group rep team. There needs to be a healthy balance between youth and maturity. Older statesman in the teams are necessary for setting the standards required in training and experience.

Picking an arbitrary age as the cut-off for selection seems counterintuitive in what they’re they’re trying to do.

That been said, pathway for age group rep teams absolutely needs to improve/be rebuilt following covid. I’d argue that’s another issue to this tour though.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Best thing for development of a uncapped rookie in the wallabies can sometimes simply be roommating them with the older veteran incumbent.