• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Seems to me a lot of posters only want to see what they want to see, or invent their own story lines. What's problem with taking LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) at his word? He didn't have to do an interview at all but felt that he should to quell the little rumour mill some here want to keep churning.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

No it didn't. Rebels jumped at the chance, followed rich Japanese deals. He didn't hold back on saying what he felt, rightly or wrongly. Starting with Robbie Deans.
didnt he do 12 months in amateur clubland?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He was on contract with the Reds for that 2018 season (and I also believe Rugby Australia). He couldn't sign another contract and got paid that entire year.
I mean he could have; the Reds would've happily let him walk away from the contract but hey, get your 700k for playing club rugby. Who wouldn't.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
He brings experience which they need, but isn’t exactly a renowned scrummager. I guess he is better then a development player though.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
From Rugby.com

He'd (Fa'agse) play one more match for the Rebels before eventually making the move north as Brad Thorn's men dealt with an injury crisis as Taniela Tupou and Zane Nonggorr were ruled out for the season.

That seems odd.

Glad to see See back.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
From Rugby.com

He'd (Fa'agse) play one more match for the Rebels before eventually making the move north as Brad Thorn's men dealt with an injury crisis as Taniela Tupou and Zane Nonggorr were ruled out for the season.

That seems odd.

Glad to see See back.

That was from this season isn’t it?

He ended up on the Reds bench for a few games this year before getting injured.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Awesome signing - bit more vet Starch to add to all the ballymore spring chickens.

Sef always been part of the dominate front rows in QPR. University set piece has been at its best when he’s playing club rugby. I think he transitions well to super rugby scrums.

Sef also provides a bit of mobility for a prop and some mongrel.

I’d say his biggest weakness is he can be a bit of a hot head sometime, because of past discrepancies if there’s a scuffle on the football field I’m always telling myself “don’t do it Sef”

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
It'll be interesting if Zander keeps trotting out for UQ at tighthead

I'm not sure the Reds need 4 blokes capable of playing the position on full-time contracts, especially when the first choice can play 80mins and is your best player.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

It'll be interesting if Zander keeps trotting out for UQ at tighthead

I'm not sure the Reds need 4 blokes capable of playing the position on full-time contracts, especially when the first choice can play 80mins and is your best player.
I think Zander will become the guy that can play both sides like Feao.
Topou and Nongorr are one sided (THP)
Hoopert is one sided (LHP)
Sef can play both sides but brought in for the experience factor I guess.

Asiata has been playing Prop at QPR and Nasser was a Junior Wallaby Prop as well so plenty of flexibility and coverage in the squad.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I think Zander will become the guy that can play both sides like Feao.
Topou and Nongorr are one sided (THP)
Hoopert is one sided (LHP)
Sef can play both sides but brought in for the experience factor I guess.

Asiata has been playing Prop at QPR and Nasser was a Junior Wallaby Prop as well so plenty of flexibility and coverage in the squad.
That whole group minus Tupou worries me. Nongorr has potential but the rest I don’t believe have any upside on what they’re currently showing. Hoopert and Fa’agase on at the same time could lead to some roller skates