• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
hearing increasing in Campbell's ability to cover inside back positions (10 and 12) for both Reds and Wallabies...

Interesting, I don't think he's ever played there at 1st Grade for UQ has he?

I would have thought the flowchart for the flyhalves was quite simple now:

JOC (James O'Connor) and Creighton to be starting and bench in whichever order and Lynagh has been progressing well enough that hopefully we see him in 2023. I would have liked the Reds to sign Tayler Adams as well as 4th string.

I wonder if this means we are more likely to see Aubrey or Grealy at fullback this year, rather than Lynagh at flyhalf.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) and Creighton to be starting and bench in whichever order and Lynagh has been progressing well enough that hopefully we see him in 2023. I would have liked the Reds to sign Tayler Adams as well as 4th string.

Have heard that JOC (James O'Connor) just underwent his second surgery for the latest injury.

Mumblings around the traps that he could possibly miss all of 2023 and/or retire.

I wonder if there is any way to free up some cash if that is the case for 2023, he'd be on a decent wicket.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Have heard that JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) just underwent his second surgery for the latest injury.

Mumblings around the traps that he could possibly miss all of 2023 and/or retire.

I wonder if there is any way to free up some cash if that is the case for 2023, he'd be on a decent wicket.
Jeez, that's a surprise - I thought he posted only a few days ago that he was recovering well. It's his foot isn't it?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Absolutely loving all the shots of the jersey for this game the Reds have been sharing, it's a real cracker as a one off. Can't wait to see what Canterbury comes up with for next season.
Screenshot_20221104-122239.png

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Jeez, that's a surprise - I thought he posted only a few days ago that he was recovering well. It's his foot isn't it?

Just basing that off what players were apparently told at Brothers 1st grade opening night this week. His last post was Oct 19th, not sure if theres been another surgery since then.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just basing that off what players were apparently told at Brothers 1st grade opening night this week. His last post was Oct 19th, not sure if theres been another surgery since then.
I thought there might've been a story that he put up more recently than that, but obviously can't go back to check. Could be getting my team rehab members confused though... I'd trust the Brothers scuttlebutt more than my memory

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Vunivalu really needs the killer instinct. No lazy 1 hand carries and offloads.

He really needs to game time, but I'd prefer Ben Navo stays on. None of the backs have really got much ball but you suspect they will clear the bench sooner rather than later.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Vunivalu really needs the killer instinct. No lazy 1 hand carries and offloads.

He really needs to game time, but I'd prefer Ben Navo stays on. None of the backs have really got much ball but you suspect they will clear the bench sooner rather than later.
Yeah, his potential is there for all to see and he's clearly leagues ahead of the opposition, but he's playing a bit casually now as a result. Very different to some of the club/fringe guys who look hungry.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Henry is a big lad. If he can string a season or two together he will not be able to help but get some exposure to higher honours.

Would love to see some consecutive structured plays out the backs in the second half.