• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Have they flown out yet?
Last year I think they announced just before flying out and gave media an opportunity at the airport in front of the alliance aircraft carrying reds insignia

Wilson

David Codey (61)
It's a bit weird, the Jim Tucker article is pretty clear around a few of the positions and inclusions:

So it seems like there is a team that media have been told, but at the same time there's a lot of talk around unlimited interchange and heat management, so maybe it is only a few units within that are set. Certainly it seems out of character compared to the comms around things like the challenger series.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Store page has it as a 150gsm polyester mesh compared to 240gsm polyester knit for the replica jersey, so definitely lighter than the jersey and probably about as light as you'd want to go for durability.

Also a good breakdown of the Pacifica components to the design on that page.
Looks like it may be comparable to the media polo tee which is also 150m's polyester mesh. It's definitely an easier wearing shirt over the jersey. I think I'll be using my membership credit for that Pasifikia tee over the media polo. Bloody unreal design, really digging what the change back to canterbury has done!

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Looks like it may be comparable to the media polo tee which is also 150m's polyester mesh. It's definitely an easier wearing shirt over the jersey. I think I'll be using my membership credit for that Pasifikia tee over the media polo. Bloody unreal design, really digging what the change back to canterbury has done!
Pretty sure the membership credit only applies to the seperate members store. Or at least I couldn't find a way to use it when I bought one. Your MyRugbyID will get you 10% off though.

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
Horan was never considered to have "size" so that's totally irrelevant in this conversation.
If you've found a site that says he's 99 good on you but I found two that said je was 94kgs. Guess it depends on how mich je jad for breakfast. Regardless he's not in the same wheel house as players like Kerevi who have actual size.
But he was one of the best.
Just saying, size isn’t everything.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Pretty sure the membership credit only applies to the seperate members store. Or at least I couldn't find a way to use it when I bought one. Your MyRugbyID will get you 10% off though.
Ah crap you're right. Just followed all the links and the store the credit applies to is just the usual junk like lanyards. Sheesh.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeah, he’ll do
1675405602839.png

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Squad finally announced:

Forwards​

• Connor Anderson – Wests – Brisbane State High School – Everton Park Roosters
  • Richie Asiata – Easts – Anglican Church Grammar School
  • Angus Blyth – Bond University – The Southport School – Casuarina Beach Rugby Club
  • Alex Davies – University of Queensland – Brisbane Grammar School
  • Ethan Dobbins – Wests – St Joseph’s College Gregory Terrace – Brothers
  • Matt Faessler – Brothers – Toowoomba Grammar School – USQ Saints
  • Luke Jones – Wests – St Pius X College – St Ives Rugby Club
  • Fraser McReight – Brothers – Brisbane Grammar School – Albany Creek Brumbies
  • Zane Nonggorr – Bond University – The Southport School – Gold Coast Eagles
  • Peni Ravai – TBC – Ratu Kadavulevu School, Fiji
  • Ryan Smith – Brothers – St Patrick’s College Shorncliffe – Caboolture Snakes
  • Phransis Sula-Siaosi – Souths – St Joseph’s Nudgee College
  • Keynan Tauakipulu – Wests – Saint Kentigern College, Auckland – Kenmore Bears
  • Seru Uru – Wests – Ratu Kadavulevu School, Fiji – Namoli Rugby Club, Fiji
  • Harry Wilson – Brothers – St Joseph’s College Gregory Terrace – Gunnedah Red Devils
  • Liam Wright – Easts – Anglican Church Grammar School – Easts
  • Dane Zander – University of Queensland – St Joseph’s Nudgee College – Albany Creek Brumbies

Backs​

• Floyd Aubrey – GPS – Marist College Ashgrove
  • Lawson Creighton – Brothers – Padua College
  • Filipo Daugunu – Wests – Dogotuki District School, Fjii
  • Josh Flook – Brothers – St Joseph’s Nudgee College – Brothers
  • Mac Grealy – University of Queensland – Downlands College – Souths Toowoomba
  • Isaac Henry – Wests – Brisbane Boys College – Kenmore Bears
  • Tom Lynagh – University of Queensland – Epsom College – Richmond Rugby Club
  • Ben Navosailagi – Wests – St Peter’s Lutheran College – Wests
  • Harry McLaughlin-Phillips – Souths – Brisbane Boys College – Gunnedah Red Devils
  • Hunter Paisami – Wests – Mangere College, Auckland
  • Jordan Petaia – Wests – Brisbane State High School
  • Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland – Ipswich Grammar School – Souths
  • Louis Werchon – Wests – Sunshine Coast Grammar School – Maroochydore Swans

Edit: apologies, should probably keep it to the match thread from here

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Seems Alex Davies is our next prop in line. Interested in opinions on here - but that seems pretty good doesn’t it? Not that I’d be expecting big things - but if we had a couple of injuries and had to call on him you’d want him to try and do his job at scrums at least and it seems to me he’s a decent selection from that perspective.

Interesting they are taking McLaughlin-Phillips as well.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Very happy for Alex to get his chance. His improvement playing QPR over the past couple of seasons has been great to watch and still only young by prop standards.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
I actually enjoy the white westpac logo and shorts. So much better than when we had the St George logo that was on that horrible blue background.
The Westpac logo integration is much improved, but the navy shorts were better imo and more 'historically correct'.

Maroon jersey with white shorts is, and always will be, UQ in my eyes. (Maybe they did it to make Mick Heenan feel at home?)

Last edited:

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
So apparently there are some legs to the McKellar rumours, more than just some internet nobodies.

Heard from someone tonight that it was being discussed with McKellar himself at a South’s old boys catch-up in Brisbane recently. Source was someone who was at the lunch.