• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Looks like there's going to be some sort of heritage cotton jersey released soon:

D884422E-3CE3-458C-AF98-702FA20CEA0D.jpeg

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
My Round 1 team:

1. Dane Zander
2. Matt Faessler
3. Peni Ravai
4. Seru Uru
5. Luke Jones (If Fit)
6. Liam Wright
7. Fraser McReight
8. Harry Wilson
9. Tate McDermott
10. Lawson Creighton
11. Filipo Daugunu
12. Isaac Henry
13. Hunter Paisami
14. Suliasi Vunivalu
15. Jordan Petaia

16. Richie Asiata
17. Zane Nongoor
18. Phransis Sula-Siaosi
19. Lopeti Faifua
20. Connor Anderson
21. Kalani Thomas
22. James O’Connor/Tom Lynagh
23. Jock Campbell (If Fit)/ Josh Flook

Wilson

David Codey (61)
How many games has Uru played at second row?
5 starts at lock across super rugby/Australia A, works out to about a 3rd of all his starts (5/16). He's also been named at 19 on the bench 4 times, and has shifted in to lock after starting in the backrow (I can't give you stats on that one).

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
5 starts at lock across super rugby/Australia A, works out to about a 3rd of all his starts (5/16). He's also been named at 19 on the bench 4 times, and has shifted in to lock after starting in the backrow (I can't give you stats on that one).
But he isn't a traditional lock. I mean, he's strong but he doesn't jump naturally like Rob Simmons. He brings some savagery
there, something neccesary but he's limited for the position

Wilson

David Codey (61)
But he isn't a traditional lock. I mean, he's strong but he doesn't jump naturally like Rob Simmons. He brings some savagery
there, something neccesary but he's limited for the position
He's not an out and out lock, but his lineout work is actually pretty good. He's been used at lock regularly over the last 2 years (including 2 starts for Australia A there) and isn't just a last minute fill in - even before the injuries he was a good chance of being in the 19 jersey for the first 23. He's no less of a lock then any of the 6/8's the tahs are planning on running out there this year.

Reactions: dru

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
He's not an out and out lock, but his lineout work is actually pretty good. He's been used at lock regularly over the last 2 years (including 2 starts for Australia A there) and isn't just a last minute fill in - even before the injuries he was a good chance of being in the 19 jersey for the first 23. He's no less of a lock then any of the 6/8's the tahs are planning on running out there this year.
Dont misunderstand me, he's a good player. I just think he's body type is perfecf for a natural number 8. He's in the right place to be develop as a lock, he can learn from Brad Thorn, a hell of a lock in his prime. In fact, they are pretty similar in terms of sizes but Brad was a freak athlete

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Dont misunderstand me, he's a good player. I just think he's body type is perfecf for a natural number 8. He's in the right place to be develop as a lock, he can learn from Brad Thorn, a hell of a lock in his prime. In fact, they are pretty similar in terms of sizes but Brad was a freak athlete

He’s played lock at club level, NRC, super rugby and Australia A. He’ll be fine.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
He's already a good lock at super rugby level and I have no concern with him starting there, so I'm really not sure what your point is. If you want to worry about lock options, there's talk of Wright playing there this weekend and Tauakipulu had time there in the trials. Both of them would be out of position and only selected as a last resort, which we may well end up at.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Looks like there's going to be some sort of heritage cotton jersey released soon:
Bang on!

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
oh man these are good. have been wearing my hooped Canterbury one from Super 12 days in hope of these coming round again.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)