• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies - RD10 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well, defining game of the Australian conference. Brumbies were dominant first round but have lost their form, where as the Reds were without their best in round one and now they have both their best and they are regaining their 2011 form. Hard to pick.

T

TOCC

Are Lucas, Ioane, Robinson, Samo and Fainga'a back from injury?

I'd imagine the only change to the starting side will be Ioane in for Davies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I sincerely hope both teams come to play with intent in the forwards as well as the backs, rather than nullify each other. Could be a cracker of a game if the former occurs.

P

Paradox

Reds in form and at home have to be favorites especially with Genia back and Cooper starting to fire. I think the bye came at a good time for them.

T

TOCC

Meh... I'm expecting nothing but a stagnant boring match, all Brumbies v Reds matches are

T

tranquility

Reds in form and at home have to be favorites especially with Genia back and Cooper starting to fire. I think the bye came at a good time for them.

While I never like to show empathy towards the Waratahs I do tend to agree with the last part of your post. The bye has come for us mid year after a good start to the year, where we were able to rest bodies and it gave us two weeks to prepare for a season defining match. The Tahs had their bye first week of the year, which is indubitably a disadvantage because they were off the pace in round 2 and then have to play the rest of the year without a pit-stop. Do not expect any more Tah sympathising, that was my once a decade moment of weakness.

Will Genia having a breather away from rugby has done his game the world of good. He is playing better than he was previously, and as an earlier poster mentioned his ball to Rod was very Nick White esque. I don't think that was by coincidence. I would say that Will has been thinking about his game very deeply, and adding new strings to his bow. What a player.

P

Paradox

I would say that Will has been thinking about his game very deeply, and adding new strings to his bow. What a player.

He is superb. Would make any side in the world easily. I again thought he was MOTM against the Chiefs.

Top of the table clash this week. Who would have thought 2 Aussies sides would be outright 1 and 2 (mind you, extra game played etc)

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Glen Jackson reffing, with Steve 'Hollywood' Walsh as AR1. Hope this means that it won't be a battle between the penalty kickers.

P

Paradox

Glen Jackson reffing, with Steve 'Hollywood' Walsh as AR1. Hope this means that it won't be a battle between the penalty kickers.
You can be guaranteed that Walsh will make a controversial decision to get on TV. Glen Jackson isn't too bad.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Walsh was great - he is decisive, fair and reckon he is well respected by the players.
Will be a great game. two Aussie sides battling for top spot and direct comparisons for Wallaby spots.
Brums maybe a little off ATM and the Reds improving with each game.
Reds will be at full strength, at home and incredibly motivated.
Biggest danger for the Reds is the best 7 (by far) in the country - "Japanese George"
Reds by 11

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Liam Gill vs George Smith......(salivates uncontrollably)

Scrubber to say Smith is the best "by far" shows you haven't been paying much attention to Gill's form lately. Smith has been the best, but Gill isn't too far behind, and Hooper will be lucky if he is chosen as our no.1 openside for the Lions.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
He is superb. Would make any side in the world easily. I again thought he was MOTM against the Chiefs.

Top of the table clash this week. Who would have thought 2 Aussies sides would be outright 1 and 2 (mind you, extra game played etc)

The extra game does skew things a little, however take away one game as a win and the Brumbies are still on top & Reds 4th...... still a top of table clash in anyones terms. Should be a cracker & hope to see a good game for my first live match of the season!
I think it'll come down to which coach gets the game plan correct, as both teams seem to be able to follow the plan to a T.

P

Paradox

The Brumbies will go after the Reds in the set piece. They did well there against them in Canberra. Horwill has no doubt helped in that department though.

T

tranquility

I think if the Brumbies are to beat the Reds at Suncorp, it will be nothing short of herculean. The Reds will be so confident, coming home and the crowd will be monstrous. Digby will slot back into his running-back position on the left flank, and their is a possibility of Beau and Samo coming backing into selection contention. If the Brumbies were to win, then they truly are a genuine front runner to win the comp. However I don't think they will, and I will be placing a few loose coins on the Reds to top the conference BEFORE the match kicks-off.

T

tranquility

Without doubt, that is an obstacle.

However - I don't think that tour is anywhere near as hard as we thought it would be a month a go, as the conference as a whole is down on recent years. This weekends match is massively important to the outcome of the Australian conference.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
While I agree that the South African conference may not boast any outright 'dominant' teams (Stormers have won some games against good teams but are far from convincing anybody they are world-beaters right now) right now I think that as a whole the conference is still very strong. The traditionally strong teams may not be as dominant as they used to be but the traditionally under-performing sides are playing out of their skin (excluding the Sharks) and the new kids on the block have proven they are not to be trifled with. So while there may not be any Goliath teams in the SA conference right now their David's have been hitting the gym and the pitch really hard this year.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Meh. I'm expecting nothing but a stagnant boring match, all Brumbies v Reds matches are

It will in all probability be a game of defense with penalties being an important factor as to who wins. In this regard the Brumbies' Nick White's ability to shoot them over from the halfway mark will be an important factor, and the Reds will need to show discipline.
However Ginea and Cooper with their strengths to create something from nothing will probably prove the difference in front of a large parochial crowd.
Reds by (it doesn't matter)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Liam Gill vs George Smith..(salivates uncontrollably)

Scrubber to say Smith is the best "by far" shows you haven't been paying much attention to Gill's form lately. Smith has been the best, but Gill isn't too far behind, and Hooper will be lucky if he is chosen as our no.1 openside for the Lions.
Agree re Gill over Hooper but by george Smith is inspirational to the Brums - IMO much more so than Gilly to the Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.