• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds V Chiefs Round 17 Sat 6th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Great read Reg! Thanks! I reckon we will get a reasonable crowd to the game. Quade always pulls more people through the gates and the farewell game for Kev, Will and possibly Quade should be worth a few more as well.

I think that Reds fans have been just waiting for something to kick them in the bum and get to the game. Last week's performance could've been enough to re-light the fire, if only for a week.

If anyone else needs any hope for this week then consider this. The Reds have never lost a game in their Indigenous round.

In a fairly dismal season last year, possibly the best game of the for us was when we (12th same as this year) ran riot over the Highlanders (5th same as the Chiefs this year) at Suncorp to the tune of 38-31 for, you guessed it, Indigenous Round.

The stars, the sun and the moon are aligned. The boys will be breathing fire Saturday night. I'd be fucking worried if I was the Chiefs.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
It's the Reds indigenous round and they are playing the Chiefs aka 'the Tribe'
I'd be fucking worried if I was a Queenslander!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Messam and Brodie are huge ins. They bring great physicality. Add to that an in form Cane.

But the Chiefs have big issues at 9 and 10. Their back 3 has been a little scratchy of late also.

LETS GO REDS

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I I heard an ad for the match on the radio and they mentioned saying goodbye to Horwill and Genia.

Are reds fans meant to forget that others are leaving? Do the Reds not want to admit others are leaving next year?

I realise that Horwill and Genia have given a lot of service to the Reds but guys like Hanson also helped win the trophy a few years ago.

I hope everyone leaving gets a good send off

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I I heard an ad for the match on the radio and they mentioned saying goodbye to Horwill and Genia.

Are reds fans meant to forget that others are leaving? Do the Reds not want to admit others are leaving next year?

I realise that Horwill and Genia have given a lot of service to the Reds but guys like Hanson also helped win the trophy a few years ago.

Good point Jets, but I think the difference is that Kev and Will are leaving Australian Rugby. We'll likely still see guys like Chibba playing at Suncorp next year etc. They'll get a send off, but Kev and Will are deservedly sharing the limelight on this one.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

nup. Kev and Genia are in a class of their own. Wallaby and Reds captains. 100 cappers. Off to another country, as good as retired.

Hanson, good for him, is off to a competitor. Who else is confirmed leaving at the moment? They will get a send of (likely) at the Gala ball at which departing players are recognised. But no one deserves the level that these 2 are getting.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Confirmation;
Hendrick Tui will come onto the bench with Jake McIntyre dropping out.

The Reds will field arguably their best bench up to date despite missing Ben Daley.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
On MMM this morning they had Horwill trying to guess "who wrote this [obviously fake] farewell?" Best by far was:

Roses are Red
Violets are blue
I hear you're leaving
Please take Adam Thomson too.

Answer being of course James O'Conner & of the ones I heard it was the only one he "guessed".

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
So there's been a fair bit of negativity for Genia and Horwill over the last few seasons, what with the teams poor performance and their indifferent form. But I'd like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to both players for everything they've done for our team. Seeing them take us from the bottom of the ladder to Super rugby Champs was a memory i'll cherish forever.

Thanks for everything boys! WE R RED!

p.s. Quade if this is your last home game too, then same goes for you.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
It's the Reds indigenous round and they are playing the Chiefs aka 'the Tribe'
I'd be fucking worried if I was a Queenslander!

nah. queenslanders are rarely worried when their team's playing at suncorp

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Cant tell if you're trolling or just worried about the tahs missing the finals.a bit of both?
Worried about the state of Australian Rugby.

No trolling. Chiefs are vulnerable. Reds are close to full strength.

Sick of spin doctors blowing smoke up our collective backsides to make up for inept performances, often with the root cause directly related to poor preparation from the Coaching and Management team.

We are Red.

This is for Australian Rugby.

Reactions: BDA

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs lucky not to be looking at a YC against Cane or even a PT. Quade will make this 3-0, shit I'd make this 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.