• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds V Chiefs Round 17 Sat 6th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've seen you make a number of completely outlandish posts so far this weekend. Just pure one sentence statements of supposed 'fact' with now attempt to back it up.

And on each time they've been pretty off the mark. He's been our best finisher for 2 seasons. He's never been a stepper or bulldozer. Just a good finisher. And he still has that.

If he's your best finisher you've got major problems because he's just an average winger now he will score if he's open but not if he's marked. Bryce Heem was all over him. He's lost his main attribute his pace. He has no tackle busting ability at all.

At the Tahs he was a high quality winger, his pace not only allowed him to beat players but he become more powerful in contact through it. Plodder now.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If he's your best finisher you've got major problems because he's just an average winger now he will score if he's open but not if he's marked. Bryce Heem was all over him. He's lost his main attribute his pace. He has no tackle busting ability at all.

At the Tahs he was a high quality winger, his pace not only allowed him to beat players but he become more powerful in contact through it. Plodder now.
Congratulations. You made an argument.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

At the Tahs he was the same just a bit quicker. I can only remember him a single break one on one on his own. I am not deriding him, I'm just saying your criticism is a bit unwarranted, he is finishing as he always has with the same quality ball he used to get at the Tahs.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Embarrassing and cringeworthy performance that was bloody hard to watch.

Massive changes are needed in Banjoland, more in administration and coaching rather than the playing roster, and it has to happen for the benefit of Australian Rugby and it needs to happen soon.

We need to have a healthy tribal respect/hatred for things Red. At the moment all I feel is pity and sympathy.

HJ, it was bloody hard to listen to on a pathetic ABC Grandstand radio commentary!
I've never had my finger nails pulled out one at a time, however, I think I now know how it feels!!!
And Mrs Doug bit off all her fingernails!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Scrum and line out what a pair of weapons. (How poor do you have to be to lose with that advantage?) but isn't Stiles "forwards coach" not "set piece coach".

I thought organisation in defence had rare leadership, mostly from Hunt (but is he experienced enough?) and occasionally Slipper. In attack someone earlier described it as "pick and flop". If the individuals in that pack can push the opposition scrum around the park, why can't they do it at the rucks? Or actually penetrating with pick and GO.

Very true. A bit off track but none the less I would be happy to see Styles focus on set piece next year and Thorn take charge of the other aspects of forward play. If he can get the blokes playing across the park like he did himself, it will bode well.

In regards to the game. Very strange and yet shit from the Reds. I don't recall seeing a team so dominant at set piece get so bitched in every other facet of the game. Reds looked like a team of 15 blokes who couldn't arrange an intellect between them on the night. What a shitty display. We pissed that one right away.

All the best to Kev and Sanchez at their new clubs and all the best for the future. Both haven't had great years but let that not distract from the outstanding service they have given Reds rugby over the years.

Reactions: gel

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
The stupid conference system means the Waratahs or Brumbies will be placed higher.

It's not the conference system that is the problem. It's the bonus points. Scrap the bonus points, the Tahs, Chiefs, Landers are all on 10 wins and 5 losses. It's the Stormers that have the 2nd best record but are 3rd???

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think the conference system is the best way to deal with more teams than for and against rounds.
The bonus point system could be tweaked though.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
It's not the conference system that is the problem. It's the bonus points. Scrap the bonus points, the Tahs, Chiefs, Landers are all on 10 wins and 5 losses. It's the Stormers that have the 2nd best record but are 3rd???

Chiefs & Highlanders would still be above the Tahs on +/- even if you took away bonus points.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I really felt after watching Reds on Saturday night someone needs to rekindle the old support cheer of one of my mates which basically is "C'mon Reds , if you are going to pull yourselves--pull yourselves together"!!
Not sure I have seen a Super team that this applies tp more than the Reds at the moment.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I really felt after watching Reds on Saturday night someone needs to rekindle the old support cheer of one of my mates which basically is "C'mon Reds , if you are going to pull yourselves--pull yourselves together"!!
Not sure I have seen a Super team that this applies tp more than the Reds at the moment.

Lower the price of beer, give us an option for heavies and create family orientated sections. The fun police at all Queensland based stadiums have been out in full effect for the past few years.

Hell, they even took our bins away from Suncorp :(

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I find it hard watching the cheifs. So much cynical play. It's beyond ridiculous. And then you have to give it to there attack as it's sublime.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Very dominant scrum - I've never seen a team's scrum so very dominant over most of the match.

With that amount od front foot ball we should have won by 30. Fucking backs are useless.....

Cooper did little - very disappointing.

Congrats to Horwill and Grnia AND Hanson for their last home game

Status
Not open for further replies.