• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Pasifika, Suncorp Stadium, Friday 20 May,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Yeap. James twinged his hammy on my side, saw him immediately raise his hand to the bench.

He made some covering tackles on the bench side after it so hopefully it'll be ok aftee a few days.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeap. James twinged his hammy on my side, saw him immediately raise his hand to the bench.

He made some covering tackles on the bench side after it so hopefully it'll be ok aftee a few days.
JOC (James O'Connor) looked pretty pissed when getting the ice put on - hopefully just annoyed to be out of the game and not an indication of severity.

Flook’s shoulder didn’t seem great. Looked like they tried to for a number of minutes to pop it back in on field but it was still out when he went off.

Looked like a physical game, albeit pretty loose (at the ruck in particular, as others have noted), from the stands.

Any clarification on why the clear out on McReight wasn’t a red for dangerous play? Didn’t seem like there was enough force in the involvement of the second MP (Moana Pasifika) player to be a mitigating factor.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Sorry reds have a winger that rugby are happy to pay 900k plays max 5 full games in two years but don’t give him the ball. Makes Queensland sense
Couldn’t agree more!!
Surely you would structure your attack to just ‘get him the ball’?
Too much money for one player...

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from last night

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Photos from last night
I like this one

1ac3fd_4aef98fa46c9455ebac217871745a04a~mv2.jpg

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) looked pretty pissed when getting the ice put on - hopefully just annoyed to be out of the game and not an indication of severity.

Flook’s shoulder didn’t seem great. Looked like they tried to for a number of minutes to pop it back in on field but it was still out when he went off.

Looked like a physical game, albeit pretty loose (at the ruck in particular, as others have noted), from the stands.

Any clarification on why the clear out on McReight wasn’t a red for dangerous play? Didn’t seem like there was enough force in the involvement of the second MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika) player to be a mitigating factor.
I found it interesting that the shoulder hitting first is the main discussion point, didn't his head then hit the ground after his shoulder?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gees the reds are just not looking like any chance of troubling the top teams at the moment. Probably missing that bit of quality which part injury related but probably part needing some new players recruitment wise. But also they just look lack lustre…coaching issues, players on the departure lounge checked out or something else?..not sure…but something not right in reds land at the moment.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
I found it interesting that the shoulder hitting first is the main discussion point, didn't his head then hit the ground after his shoulder?
Haven't watched a replay since but that's how it looked from the stands and on the big screen

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
It was a tip tackle but shoulder first and wasn't driving with force... Yellow was fine
Head and shoulder at the same time for me.

I think the question needs to change from intention, force, point of contact etc to could he have been paralysed from the tackle, in this case yes and a red card.

While ever we have the farcical 20 minute red card rule we should be using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.