• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Rebels - Battle of Pride - Friday the 15th of July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The sick puppy has been put out of his misery.

Rebels 31 Reds 28

Full time,

Time to get a new coach and a 10. Do that and some good things could happen next year.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Missed out on the game, as I have for the last 2 weeks, naebody here has the sports going on. Is any of it worth watching when I get back Monday week, or is it the cripple fight we all expected? I know the last 2 aren't worth trying to find.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Missed out on the game, as I have for the last 2 weeks, naebody here has the sports going on. Is any of it worth watching when I get back Monday week, or is it the cripple fight we all expected? I know the last 2 aren't worth trying to find.
the first half of the first half was good for the Rebels. the first 60 - 70 against the Stormers was actually good. they were just completely stuffed by injuries in the end.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I'll give it a go to get this one and that one when I get back

Rugby's been the only thing I've been missing out on since the last international weekend. I'm hankering for some, can't wait till Dewar Shield finals.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
image.jpeg

5 min before kickoff.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
At least Duncan P showed quite a bit more variety in his play than Jake has over all the previous games.

For the Rebs, Colby must have made a zillion tackles.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Musings:

• Paia'aua had a case of the Tasesa Laveas (grubbering the ball all the damn time), but was ok everywhere else. Would be pretty good at 12
  • Pickle was kinda meh
  • Tom Banks looked good
  • Alex Gibbon was ok off the bench
  • Campbell Magnay was good as well
  • Kuridrani had a shocker
  • Tongan Thor now has a life membership in the front rowers club
  • Kerevi & Nabuli were quiet
  • We need a much better everything (except scrum, that was solid)
  • Gill will be missed
  • Ditto Holmes
  • forwards were average
  • thank fuck the season is over. 2017 REDS HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
At least Duncan P showed quite a bit more variety in his play than Jake has over all the previous games.

For the Rebs, Colby must have made a zillion tackles.

Nah, don't like DP either. Not sure what others see in him to suggest he start at 12 too. The only inside ball all night was when Frisby was 10 FFS. He may not play as deep as McIntyre but the run sideways and pass plan is the same.

Next year I'd go Kerevi at 12 and Magnay at 13. Need options other Kerevi as to get front foot ball and DP just won't provide it. Then add a couple of wingers and your 12 looking for inside balls and the backs might fire half a shot.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
I don't think that Nabuli has added much - his defence is poor - always goes high around the chest and gets bounced, and on attack can't seem to break through defences or stay in. I thought Gibbon coming on last night improved things.
Tom Banks looked pretty good at fullback, haven't seen him before but coped well I thought both in defence and attack.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
There were plenty of fuckups but the 2 that definitely lost the game was the Magnay "white line fever" and the ball being "charged" down from a kick from the 10 (I think).

One resulted in a try not being scored and the other caused a try..

If we ever get a new HC I hope he reads the riot act and drops players who cause elementary fuckups such as these 2.

There has to be a high level of expectation and anything less is unacceptable. Consequences must follow.

Anyway I look forward to next season and have my always optimistic viewthat the Reds will win the title next year........ as I do each and every year..................

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Typical sort of Rebels game have a ripping 1st half get out to a lead and then go home at half time and just hang on to win.

Three clear standouts for Rebels Sean McMahon, Toby Smith and Tom English.

I have liked what I have seen from Paul Asquith his first three games. I wonder why it took him so long to get a game. I think we should re-sign him.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Typical sort of Rebels game have a ripping 1st half get out to a lead and then go home at half time and just hang on to win.

Three clear standouts for Rebels Sean McMahon, Toby Smith and Tom English.

I have liked what I have seen from Paul Asquith his first three games. I wonder why it took him so long to get a game. I think we should re-sign him.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I looked up the stats, and Smith, McMahon, English & Asquith all had over 50m of carries; around 340 between them.

Also, Sam Jeffries with 15 tackles in 31 minutes is a beast effort and a great way for him to show McGahan that Culum Retallick should never, ever, start a Super Rugby game again.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
There were plenty of fuckups but the 2 that definitely lost the game was the Magnay "white line fever" and the ball being "charged" down from a kick from the 10 (I think).

One resulted in a try not being scored and the other caused a try..

If we ever get a new HC I hope he reads the riot act and drops players who cause elementary fuckups such as these 2.

There has to be a high level of expectation and anything less is unacceptable. Consequences must follow.
Pretty tough to drop your rookie 10 in his second game for that.

How many clearances from his own line do you reckon he's had in his entire career?

If that's the standard you're going to set it's going to be hard to put a team out

Status
Not open for further replies.