• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Rebels - Battle of Pride - Friday the 15th of July

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

How come McMahon can never translate this form to test level? Is it an indictment of the reds defence or is he just a bit small? (or both!)

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
McMahon with the double off the quick tap after another March down the field.

Toby Smith with the big break this time.

Reds looking very poor

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Embarrassingly inept. Disappointing that so many will depart on the back of this shit.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
35 1/2 minutes gone. Reds behind 7 - 24.

Edit: No change to the score at Oranges.

Reds 1t (Frisby) 1c (Taefu), Rebels 3t (McMahon 2, English) 3c (Jack D) 1 p (Jack D)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Think Sean just needs to figure out how to compensate for everybody being bigger and near his ability. He was one of the Best in Yellow against England in Sydbet after starting a 2nd test in a row and playing a third test in a row, so maybe it's just a matter of consistent gametime.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Reds take a scrum 20 out in midfield after the siren, but inevitably find a way to stuff it up

Hopefully the QRU send a DVD of that scrum to all the members to commemorate what a disaster of a season this was.

G

galumay

He had a great game in Melbourne!

Reds are shambolic though

You are right, I completely forgot that game. After underperforming every other test he was awesome that night. Maybe it was partially a confidence thing at that level?

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Gill goes over after the best period of the match for the reds.

Too much pressure after 4 penalties in a row from the rebs

24 - 14

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Try to LF Gill, converted by Frisby. 9 minutes 2nd half.

Reds 14 Rebels 24

Greg Holmes departs the oval for T. Tupou.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Was it just my rugby upbringing where they hammered into us "don't shovel shit". The amount of times players are pushing passes rather than going to ground is just junior level shit.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Speaking of shit, the Lang Park surface resembles that description.

Trying to make the Rebels feel at home?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Kerevi meat pie. Converted by Frisby,

Reds 21 Rebels 24

56 minutes gone

Nek Minit, Nick Stirz charges down Duncan P and grabs meat for the Rebels. Jack D converts,

Reds 21 Rebels 31. 57 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.