• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Stormers Rd 7 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I am stunned that you are the voice of reason Biggsy. :)

Discipline has got to get much better. Don't bother singling out players as it is a team issue.

This will be Saia's 100th and I am a massive fan of both of the twins. Well done.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I am stunned that you are the voice of reason Biggsy. :)

Discipline has got to get much better. Don't bother singling out players as it is a team issue.

This will be Saia's 100th and I am a massive fan of both of the twins. Well done.

I can be when I want to :)

It's a home game there a different team there.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Was worried about this game before the SA tour, now I don't hold out much hope. Would call for changes but with Gill, CFS and Toua likely out then they will come anyway.

1. Slipper
2. Hanson
3. Holmes
4. Simmons
5. Horwill
6. Quirk
7. Robinson
8. Schatz
9. Genia
10. Cooper (C)
11. Davies
12. Harris
13. Fainga'a
14. Shipperley
15. Turner

16. Fainga'a
17. Anae
18. Owen
19. McDuling
20. Browning
21. Frisby
22. Taupuai
23. Lucas

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Stormers are struggling on their tour, but I actually think they will go into this one as favourites. They pushed the Brumbies and deserved the bonus point that they lost right at the end.

Let's not mention the refs, but Reds are penalising themselves out of games, and they must take a fair amount of the blame.

And too much headless kicking - I think the Reds start kicking once they start getting penalised too much with attacking ball, but it just makes it worse as they now give away penalties on opposition ball.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
A telling game.

Both sides have much to prove after some pretty difficult circumstances.

I am tipping the more professional and mature outfit to win this one and the losers to cry into their cornflakes.

T

tranquility

The reds lose another one and we will have to see some of the qld a boys in the squad. I'd be seriously looking at Kurindrani, Browning, McDuling, and Tualagi and/ or Placid.

Definitely. Could you please post the result of the game today if you get down there? Cheers Reg.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Tranquility - repost from the Pacific Nations Thread. Courtesy of @Kiap
via twitter: Pampas 36–21 Reds A

A 19 point surge in the final 20 minutes to regain the lead and win the Cup.

iElFxol2s5LXE.jpg

twitter pic via @ARU_Community

T

tranquility

That's a bloody good showing from the Reds lads, that Pampas side was chock full of talented and experienced Pumas and young Pumas. Good stuff, and great result for Argentinean rugby!

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Harris and Tapuai as centres, or Harris and Fainga'a? (I personally would like Taps and Fainga'a whilst CFS is injured with Harris at fullback, but recognise that it is a major disruption to the order of things, so it would be daft).

Handling should be a focus of training, obviously.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
When is CFS due back? This week? He had hamstring soreness, so much be back soon.

Harris has been good, but has been kicking away too much ball with rubbish chip kicks and grubbers. He needs to be told no more short kicks. It was also Taps' best game in a long, long time.

Who will be fullback? Turner? Or Harris if CFS is back?

I loved Toua on attack, but gees he's frustrating, he lost seemed to lose the ball in 2 out of 3 tackles, and make a half break only to lose his footing.

I would like to see McDuling given a chance on the bench for Ed, and will Browning come onto the bench with Beau starting as Gill is out?

Was good to see Anae and Owen scrummage strongly off the bench, although not quite getting what they deserved.

Reds need to review their breakdown work and concentrate on accuracy this week. A few meetings with the ref in the week leading up to the game wouldn't go astray, either.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
With Toua out I wonder if it might be time for some new bloody and give JJ Tualagi a run? I was against it at the start of the year, but perhaps its time?

Just think it serves us better than Turner. Of course they could go to Ben Lucas who has played there in the past for us.

With Beau to start, you'd expect Browing to come on to the bench as well.

T

tranquility

Plenty of positivity I think.

As Reg has alluded, we could see a few changes here, and get a look at some players we have all heard much about.

Browning, Mcduling and JJ would all have to be good chances to get a game - maybe not all of them in the same fixture - but all of them have considerable upside and it will be good to see even one of them after a tough Pacific Cup campaign where they have played above their reputations.

Beau to start at 7 has to be a plus too, not to say that ever losing Gill is anything other than a tragedy however at-least we won't be getting out muscled in the contact that Mr Robinson will be involved in.

Lets put it behind us, and show up in good numbers and get our season back on track.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
would like to see Browning squeezed in somewhere. Big agressive youngster just rarin' to go. Thought big Albert went OK at scrums and Owen quite good

T

Train Without a Station

Browning will come straight onto the bench to replace Gill in the 23 won't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.