• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Stormers Rd 7 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Stormers Update:

Hooker Tiaan Liebenberg has been ruled out of the Stormers' final tour clash against the Reds due to a neck injury.

Jaco Taute has recovered from a shoulder injury and should start at fullback.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I wish the rain would fuck off.

It doesn't look like it's going anywhere in a hurry.

Capture.JPG

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
@FOXRugbyLive: Take note @SuperRugbyAUS fans: Saturday night's @Reds_Rugby v Stormers match will be telecast on Speed - Channel 512. From 7.30pm AEDT

I don't mean to hijack this thread (so if anyone can point me to a better thread to post in I would appreciate it) BUT, this is very alarming!

From the Foxtel TV Guide on Sat night 6:30pm (AEST):
FoxSports1 - Live NRL (Bulldogs v Storm)
FoxSports2 - Live A League (Melb V v Syd FC)
FoxSports3 - Live AFL (Fremantle v Gold Coast)
FoxFooty - Live AFL (Sydney v Collingwood)
SPEEDHD - Live: To Be Advised

So from the tweet above we can clearly see that in the eyes of Foxtel, our game rates below the three main other codes and is listed as "TBA". It should be noted that at 9:30pm on FS3 the Reds v Stormers games is listed as being televised 'Live' which it of course won't be - it will be a replay.

Apart from the obvious issue with this, a big concern for me is that any casual observers at home on Sat night looking for some contact sport to watch, won't find the Rugby that is on if they are anything like me. If I'm looking for something to watch I check what is on FS1, 2 & 3, then check Eurosport and if nothing's on any of them I might check ESPN, but I don't think I have ever had a look to see what is on Speed.

Man what a shot in the nuts!!! Whoever does the bargaining for Rugby's TV Deals is clearly a half wit at best.
/rant

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Foxtel is rightly making the assumption that rugby fans are the only ones smart enough to work out what channel the game is on if it isn't on Foxsports 1, 2, or 3.

T

TOCC

That is bullshit, i doubt i will be able to get the game at the hotel I'm staying at that night.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
That is bullshit, i doubt i will be able to get the game at the hotel I'm staying at that night.

I'm wondering if it will be shown in pubs either? It wouldn't surprise me if they only had FS1, 2, 3 and Fox Footy.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I'm wondering if it will be shown in pubs either? It wouldn't surprise me if they only had FS1, 2, 3 and Fox Footy.

I don't know if the packaging is different for business accounts, but for us home viewers, your sports pack includes 10 sports channels. So I would assume if they have FS1, 2 ,3 they'll have them all. You'll just have to ask nicely that they change the channel..

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't know if the packaging is different for business accounts, but for us home viewers, your sports pack includes 10 sports channels. So I would assume if they have FS1, 2 ,3 they'll have them all. You'll just have to ask nicely that they change the channel..

I can see it now! ;)

Guy in Reds Jersey in crowded bar shouting: Mate can you chuck the Reds game on one of your Telly's?
Bar tender shouting back: What channel?
Option 1.
Reds guy: Dunno!
Bar guy scrolls through FoxSports 1, 2 & 3. : Nah doesn't look like its on!
Reds guy: Fuck.

Option 2.
Reds guy: It's on SPEED.
Bar guy: What? I'm not on speed!
Reds guy: No the game is on Speed.
Bar guy: Really? They can do that?
Reds guy: Do what? Whatever, just change the channel!
Bar guy: What channel do you want?
Reds guy: Speed! The channel is called speed!
Bar guy: Oh. What number is that?
Reds guy: Dunno!
Bar guy: ummmmmm......
Reds guy: Fuck.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Does the sport package automatically include speed? if it doesn't then they are making you pay extra?

They also advertise their games as live and in HD which is why it would be on Speed. It's the only other channel they control the content on that is in HD. ESPNHD is the only other one in the package and obviously, they don't get a say in that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.