• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Stormers Rd 7 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I a loss by 7 also includes a Stormers win, I suspect you will be good! Stormers +7.5 looks not too bad right now :(

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
but I don't think I have ever had a look to see what is on Speed.

Man what a shot in the nuts!!! Whoever does the bargaining for Rugby's TV Deals is clearly a half wit at best.
/rant

Need to check Speed this year - that's where the Qatar MotoGP was televised on the weekend. Good to have it back on Fox away from the fucking awful FTA.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

This has happened because the AFL has programmed two games at exactly the same time and they have pushed Fox into showing both. Fox should have told them to get lost and put the second best match on a two hour delay. But I don't think they've got the cohonnies to face up to Demetriou.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Need to check Speed this year - that's where the Qatar MotoGP was televised on the weekend. Good to have it back on Fox away from the fucking awful FTA.

you mean I can watch motogp again??

If only I'd known. has it been good these last few years I wonder.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Seems like this Stormers side is losing a forward with every hour that passes!

Control the high balls (gulp) and Vermuelen and Reds should win this one comfortably.

Quade and Willie are building something again over the past two matches and the piggies have definitely upped the intensity.

Reds should have parity in the scrums and should control the line outs without much issue. Stormers line out still hasn't really recovered from last year it seems.

If we had CFS healthy and a back three player that is dominant under the high ball I'd be backing the Reds to put them to the sword. All things considered, I'm expecting a slightly muted but not-too-tight victory.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
you mean I can watch motogp again??

If only I'd known. has it been good these last few years I wonder.

Brilliant on Saturday. Race long duel between Marquez (current title holder) and Rossi, with Marquez prevailing by 1/4 second at the finish - just like Rossi/Casey a couple of years ago.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The Stormers havent played that bad. If they can minimise stupid mistakes, take their points on offer, they will actually win.
The DHL Stormers team for Saturday (v the Reds) is as follows:
15. Gio Aplon
14. Damian de Allende
13. Juan de Jongh
12. Jean de Villiers (captain)
11. Sailosi Tagicakibau
10. Peter Grant
9. Louis Schreuder
8. Duane Vermeulen (vice-captain)
7. Siya Kolisi
6. Nizaam Carr
5. Michael Rhodes
4. Jurie van Vuuren
3. Frans Malherbe
2. Deon Fourie
1. Steven Kitshoff
Replacements:
16. Stephan Coetzee
17. Oliver Kebble
18. Brok Harris
19. Tazz Fuzani
20. Sikhumbuzo Notshe
21. Nic Groom
22. Demetri Catrakilis
23. Jaco Taute

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The only worry position is lock. Our scrum should be fine and the backline look solid. All they need is some passion and hunger.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
AC rings the changes..... (hat tip Bull Azul)

Stormers change seven for Reds
Cape Town - Coach Allister Coetzee has announced a team showing seven changes for the Stormers' final Super Rugby tour match on Saturday - against the Reds in Brisbane (kick-off 10:40 SA time).​
Springbok centre Juan de Jongh has been restored to the starting line-up, following his return from injury via the bench last weekend, whilst WP Under-21 star Jurie van Vuuren will make his first Super Rugby start after being named to partner Michael Rhodes at lock.​
Van Vuuren, who came off the bench last week, is a product of the WP Rugby Institute in Stellenbosch and has lifted silverware with the WP Under-19 (2012) and Under-21 (2013) teams in the past two seasons. His promotion to the starting XV, in the absence of injured lock Ruan Botha, is one of three changes to the Stormers pack that started against the Brumbies in Canberra last Saturday - the others see Deon Fourie start at hooker and Nizaam Carr come in at No 6.​
Tazz Fuzani and Sikhumbuzo Notshe also come in as replacements on the bench. Fuzani, 23, played three Currie Cup matches for Western Province last season, to go with nine appearances at Vodacom Cup level, whilst Notshe - who left school at the end of 2012 - has played 12 Vodacom Cup matches for Province.​
In the backline, meanwhile, the return of De Jongh means a switch back to inside centre for captain Jean de Villiers and Damian de Allende moving back to the wing where he began the 2014 season. Louis Schreuder will come in at scrumhalf, with Nic Groom dropping down to the bench after three starts in a row.​

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Oom:

Tazz Fuzani and Sikhumbuzo Notshe

Any good these two?

I see Tazz played prop at under 21 and now plays lock. Unusual.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Oom:

Tazz Fuzani and Sikhumbuzo Notshe

Any good these two?

I see Tazz played prop at under 21 and now plays lock. Unusual.
Dont know them at all, Notshe come from Wynberg and played u19/21.

I totally forgot about the Berry incident and Meyers love child, schreuder playing. Reds by 50 now

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wow, that's a weakened Stormers side. Jongh will strengthen them in the centres, other than that weaker than last week and a lot weaker than there full strength side.

Fourie back at hooker, where he had been going well at flanker.

Status
Not open for further replies.