• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Tahs : Opening game of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Price didn't show a skerrit (is that how you spell it) of rugby ability. Looked like he was wearing anklet socks and showed nothing. Couldn't even kick. Not impressed whatsoever. Barely looked like a club player.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Noddy said:
Price didn't show a skerrit (is that how you spell it) of rugby ability. Looked like he was wearing anklet socks and showed nothing. Couldn't even kick. Not impressed whatsoever. Barely looked like a club player.
Only since you asked Nod. The word is skerrick.

I googled skerrit : "In the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game, Skerrit is the deity worshipped by the centaur race".

Yeah, I didn't think Price was overly impressive either. The year out of rugby playing Aussie Rules must have cruelled him, given what I have read of his schoolboy form. Feel sorry for the lad and hope he pocketed all that dough AFL signed him up for.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
That's another disappointment for me and I may have given everybody a bum steer based on 4 games in the 2008 Schools tournament. Mind you a lot of Queensland parents I was talking too during the week were talking him up as well and oohing and aahing.

Just goes to show ......

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Juan Cote said:
Can't make it to the pub this afternoon. I think it was only going to be riddler and myself anyway.....

Gagger was right in his earlier post about pissups and breweries - or should that be roots and brothels? :)

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Wj and sagerian were heading to the caxton at 5, pm me if you want their mobiles

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
TheRiddler said:
Juan Cote said:
Can't make it to the pub this afternoon. I think it was only going to be riddler and myself anyway.....

Gagger was right in his earlier post about pissups and breweries - or should that be roots and brothels? :)
Aplogies men, i was at the big lunch, and this is a break before I venture out again. I trust that you NSW men enjoy Qld hospitalty.

Go the Reds!!!!

W

waratahs_2010

Why on earth would you leave Luke Morahan in the Reds 2nd XV? He is absolute class IMO and even though he is still relatively young, he should command a starting spot. No wonder why Queensland always lose their best youngsters. If O'Connor was still at the Reds, I'd doubt he would be playing Super 14 right now, let alone being in the Test Squad at 18.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
huge day/night out, Mick O'mallys i think it was called, good oldfashioned irish hospitality indeed.

just want to say, QLDers are the nicest people on earth, walked around in my jersey all day, most of them would start with a "your gonna lose tomorrow" and then when you told them that was unlikely, did a 180 and lamented the fact that there side sucked. its great hospitality, i feel like ive come to a third world rugby nation, im like a rugby version of oprah, all the little reds fans wanting to know what winning is like etc.

caxton today? will head there about midday to get a good buzz going for the game! see you all there.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I think I'll stay away from the Caxton then. Not sure I want to meet you after you've had 5 hours of drinking under your belt!

Just kidding, I will be meeting some friends at the paddo before the game - probably only an hour or so before. Anyone else heading there?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I would love to meet you guys in person, but I will have my youngest with me tonight and I have an eight year olds birthday at 4pm. Maybe next game. By the way Reds will win I even backed them.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
spectator said:
Lunching elsewhere then to Suncorp for the curtain raiser at 4.30.

What's the after game venue?

Caxton car park is the normal for me, very difficult to meet there though.

Looks like my wife will be picking me up on her way past at 9, so I won't have much time after the game anyhow.

T

tranquility

i have just got that feeling, it is going to be a good day to be red.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
tranquility said:
i have just got that feeling, it is going to be a good day to be red.

I have no doubt my face will be red as I yell at the damn Reds losing yet again. But it can't be more frustrating than last year - beaten by a cluesless Tah side off a stupid hail mary midfield bomb. Catch the damn ball, you galah.

At least it's not being played in Sydney, the whole damn city is nearly drowned. Parts of Paramatta Road near the city were underwater last night!

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Oh boy looks like a Reds choke is on the cards here. Somehow the Tahs have managed to stay in it despite being outplayed bar the scrum.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm worried about our sides watching this match, after having seen the crusaders vs highlanders match. I think the new tackle interpretations will favour the kiwis more than us. And all the kiwi matches have seen far fewer scrum resets than our matches, which means we'll probably be fingered by the refs as repeat offenders.

Hopefully it's just a slow start.

Status
Not open for further replies.