• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Tahs : Opening game of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
There's a grave danger of a piss-up not being able to be arranged in a brewery here.

Someone needs to take it by the scruff of the neck Lindommer stylie.

Surely this should fall to a local - I thought QLDers had more pride than this?

While I'll be on the other side of the world at the time, this site's good name is at stake.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Scarfman said:
In 2002 Tahs lost 96-19 to the Saders.

The ref was ... but I don't need to tell you, do I?

I was at the game and the only redeeming feature was not having to buy another beer that night or the rest of the weekend as all the locals took pity on me!! Even better was going back there for the repeat fixture a couple of years later and cleaning up nicely at the bookies :)

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
OK - here is the plan.

4.30 pm meet at the roof top bar at the Stock Exchange Hotel which is in the middle of town (crn Charlotte and Edward Streets). State jersey's and banjos are a must!!!

The Stockie is a good place to meet as it is central to everyone.

Concur?

Let me know who's in and if we get enough I'll ring the Stockie and get them to rope off an area so the general public doesn't in our way.

Juan.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Bloody hell, a tad inconvenient old chap, our hotel is between the CBD and the stadium (like that doesnt give you many clues!!)

Thought the plan at one stage was to meet at Hotel LA on Caxton and then just a stumble down the hill to Suncorp?

Happy to go with the flow (that will no doubt be be the merry throng of GAGRs staggering down Roma Street/Milton Road)

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Sorry - I should have meet at the Stockie on Friday afternoon if anyone is keen for a beer the afternoon before the game

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
I am good to go for drinks Friday and pre-game. I can find my way to wherever is decided.

Thanks

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
im staying at the YHA at the end of Caxton st, so up for anything will be there from friday lunch time, so who is the local tour guide?

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Well the email from the NSWRU came out today with their ticket application form for the Reds game. Yes, today. Just over a week from the game! Dont they think that any half-organised interstate supporter would have got their tix by now? And interesting to note that the the special NSWRU section at Suncorp is totally different to the away supporters section offered by Ticketek.

Gagger said:
There's a grave danger of a piss-up not being able to be arranged in a brewery here.

Gagger - I think the NSWRU have been following your advice too closely.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
anything planned?

I am taking two seven year olds and a 11 year old so won't be pubbing before or after.

Any further plans on Friday?

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Just looked at the exchange website and, in particular, their photos section. Check out the shots from Jan 30th at this link : http://www.theexchange.com.au/gallery.

Do you think those nice young ladies would be interested in attending the GAGR function? Should I pre-warn Mrs Riddler that I shouldnt be to blame if my dormant wandering eye condition rares up again? :thumb

Is Juan going to book the roof area? Are there enough of us to warrant it or should we just slum it in the public bar. And how pissed are those attending the Legends going to be when they rumble on down later on?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Sorry no friday attendance for me. Dinner with the wife at Simpatico in the Valley.

I would vote for either Caxton or Paddo pre Saturday, however I need to meet a few others prior, so a lot will depend on them.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
what time does the caxton open on a saturday? i think if were going to do this we should meet half an hour before the front door opens so we can make up for fridays missed opportunity!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I can't make Friday have to work Saturday. I've never been in Hotel LA it always looks packed! What time? I still have to find somewhere to take little Katy

C

chief

Scotty said:
Sorry no friday attendance for me. Dinner with the wife at Simpatico in the Valley.

Simpatico is in Paddington. Not the Valley.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not going out Friday night but will definitely be at the game & I'm definitely up for a few tubes before & after the match, I'm going to the Paddo before the game because that's where I always start & it's easy for the missus to drop me off & get going.

Afterwards I don't care were we go I'll be up for a few more beers though.

Will hopefully have my Green & Gold rugby t-shirt on so it makes me easy to spot, if anyone is keen just contact me via e-mail & I'll leave you my mobile number. Will try & get to the Paddo by about 17:30 so we can get a few in before going into Suncorp as I tend not to drink a lot of XXXX Gold in plastic cups at crazy prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.