• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs Round 5 - 2016 Super Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The (hopeful) selections of Robertson and Hanigan, and Holloway's continued good form, could be the start of some fruitful careers in Oz rugby.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Reds are in for a good shot this weekend.
Massive turnaround in discipline from last weeks game, Besides that last 20 seconds where the Reds got pinned. But that didn't lose them the game, it shows how important penalty kicks and converting tries are.
Reds by 12

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Will be interesting to see what the crowd does this weekend.

Reds are showing improvement! - that's good!
Reds crowds have been quite small lately - that's bad.
But Reds vs Tahs traditionally pull big crowds! - that's good.
Its on Easter Sunday, so a lot of people will be away on holidays - that's bad.
But it's an arvo game! - that's good!
The forecast is hot and rainy - that's bad.

Sounds like a mixed crowd;)

LMU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Big fan of Hanigan and Holloway is on fire. However I reckon the Reds will be a good shot this weekend, but only if they are all fit, I saw Kerevi in a bit of discomfort and I don't see any depth in the backs.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah, Benn Robinson is doing such a good job of feigning injury he hasn't played since round 1 against the Reds.

Know he got a broken snout (that wouldn't keep an average prop {and I not saying Benn is average either} out the following week) - and probably a concussion as a result -

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Slipper, S Fainga'a and Gill all back for the Reds this week. The forward pack just received a whole lot more of an advantage at scrum time. If Slipper and Fainga'a are to come of the bench, that would leave us with;

Faagase, Ready and Holmes to start with Slipper, Fainga'a and Talakai to come on. The Waratahs are definitely figuring out a plan to go uncontested now.

T

TOCC

I think the issue was Ta'avao and his supposed shoulder injury... It seemed to be caused by reaching a predetermined time on the match clock rather then any physical contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
That is certainly a pretty formidable double set of front rows. If the Tahs don't find some serious improvement at scrum time they will find themselves pushed all the way out onto Caxton Street if not careful.

At which point there will time for a quick XXXX and a sly 20 in the pokies while the Reds take the kick, so it's not all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.