• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I'm starting to lean towards the Reds for this one now. That Sharks backline looks pretty unimpressive, and will really have to stand up to be counted for if they want to win the match.

Now is the time to play chambers if his opponent is playing out of position.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah I don't know if Link knew Terblanche would be at 13, but its worked out ok now. I'm looking forward to Will getting his hands on the ball a bit more.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I feel this really could be the making of the rest of the Reds season, win this, and the top 4 is start becoming a reality and not just a what if.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I doubt Link knew. Digby would be the ideal man against the poor tackling of Terblanche.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
for me this is the balancing point of the season, are we really contenders or just thaving a better than average season?

there is still a bloody hard end to the season to go, if we can come home from SA undefeated and win either the Bulls or Stormers then we have a shot at 4th spot and this is an awesome achievment

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Good match so far. Genia has been caught taken one too many steps before passing a few times. The forwards aren't making too much progress in their pick-and-drives. 2 tries to none though is looking good. Hopefully the Sharks will tire in the second half, because if they get a lead late in the half I don't like the reds' chances of playing catch-up against the shark forwards and the pommie kicker.

Go Reds!

C

chief

Really needing more crisp service from Will Genia, it's a struggle especially for kick pressure, which is putting a huge amount of pressure on Quade's kicks. So 23-21 to the Sharks with 20 to go

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Sharks take the lead. :'(

Why try to break up a rolling maul on the sideline by driving it infield?? Why not drive it towards the line?

Reds aren't chasing the kick well at all. Getting killed at the restarts. Their catching under the highball is woeful.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I wonder what the penalty count is at the moment. I bet the sharks are way in front this half.

C

chief

10 minutes to go 9points down, I don't think the Reds will win this one.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
chief said:
10 minutes to go 9points down, I don't think the Reds will win this one.

Spoke too soon. They don't seem to have any answer to the Sharks' rolling maul though. All the Sharks have to do is get it down the other end and go for the lineout.

C

chief

Apologies, Reds have gotten 4 tries so they have a Bonus Point, Greg Holmes just touched down, 2 point ball game. Man rookie error on my prediction, this game is anyones, last 10 minutes is shaping up to be a cracker.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
The Boks are gonna maul maul maul this trinations. I hope Robbie and his forwards coach are paying attention.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Another fuckup under the high ball. ::) Why the fuck did Hynes chip-kick with so little time on the clock?

Game over.

C

chief

The Reds are going to be feeling what if....

Hynes was very stupid in kicking the ball away. Immature play by the Reds. At the end, the final ruck was a ruck and hands were used. Maybe I'm caught up in the emotion of it all, but there should have been a penalty for that right in front of the sticks. Reds can claim 2 bonus points. Call me cynical but I think this ends the Reds final chances.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Yeah they really needed the win there, but had so little ball in the second part of the second half. Geez would like to see a reply of the last ruck where the ball popped out into the sky thanks to Ndungane...

Status
Not open for further replies.